Talk

Advanced search

I've actually gone mad!

(11 Posts)
m33r Tue 08-Nov-16 19:13:28

I've had 3 MCs in 6 months and one DS who is 20months who it took 20 months to conceive. My last MC was 8th Aug. Got AF a day or so early this month but has been very light and only three days is very light bleeding (I'd say more than 'spotting' though).

Please please please stop me from testing. I have Peed on a about a million sticks over the last three years - ovulation sticks, neg tests, progressively darker tests, expensive tests, tests to show the MCs were complete, more ovulation sticks and now I'm thinking of testing when I have AF.... Stop me and please tell me I'm not the only person with this level of crazy?!

MotherOfBeagles Tue 08-Nov-16 19:26:36

didnt want to read and run! I am nowhere near as far along trying as you are - only been trying for 5 months and had a cp. But i totally understand the ridiculous urge to pee on sticks, im currently doing two ovulation tests a day!

Its not unusual so dont beat yourself up, are you tracking any other ways?

Also after all you've been through definitely not unreasonable! Just be careful to not let it take over and get you down!

m33r Tue 08-Nov-16 19:41:07

Thanks mother. Not tracking anything else and not even doing the ov sticks now as it was driving me crazy and I knew I had to stop. Usually I am just bonkers around the time AF is due these days. Thanks so much for replying. If I can avoid POAS another two days, I'll move on ... I hope!!

MotherOfBeagles Tue 08-Nov-16 19:53:12

Can you try doing something else instead of poas? like every time you reach for one do something daft? My mum said to me whenever im obsessing and want to do a test to do ten star jumps, then grab the hoover and do the stairs. By the time im done doing it ive managed to get my head straight and have a much tidier house lol. Ive also added dancing around like a lunatic to the first song that pops up on my phone.

m33r Tue 08-Nov-16 20:25:55

Going to try that mother! Think I will make tea when I want to POAS x

IsthisMummy Tue 08-Nov-16 20:30:04

Raspberry leaf tea for that endometrial lining m33r😉

The fact I even said that proves I am bonkers as well.

Sorry to hear you've been through the mill so much. Best wishes for that bfp soon!

m33r Tue 08-Nov-16 20:44:07

Does raspberry leaf tea help? I drank it at the end of my pregnancy to help my uterus contract (had 4.5 hour labour so may have worked) so love the stuff but didnMt think it was good for ttc?? Xx

MouseLove Tue 08-Nov-16 21:31:24

You need to get rid of any sticks in the house. Remove temptation. And then think about it this way. If you are pregnant, you have 9 months to wait. Why send yourself crazy over a few days? You are an adult, you choose your actions. Do you have the willpower to prove yourself wrong?

You can do it!!!!!!

PacificDogwod Tue 08-Nov-16 21:35:22

You are not the only person with that level of crazy thanks

We all do what we need to do. I do hope that it all pans out well for you in the end and you find your Sanity again.

I did.
When I stopped testing.
I decided if a pregnancy was going to stick, I'd find out about it in due course.
DS2 was 16 weeks along before I twigged blush

Do what you have to do to keep going.
But no amount of testing will make difference to the outcome.
thanks

m33r Wed 09-Nov-16 19:57:59

Thank you everyone! By way of update, I still have AF so it's not some miracle / weird implantation. It's AF. I didbMt test and you are all right - and I knew this before - so going to stick with it for the next time too.

Thanks everyone. Next month going to totally sack the whole thing off. No counting at all. I am really promising this to myself. Thank you all again x

MotherOfBeagles Wed 09-Nov-16 20:12:49

Ah that sucks but at least you know now. Good plan for next month but remember to cut yourself some slack if you do have a mad poas day! Not ideal but no point in beating yourself up =]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now