Talk

Advanced search

Depo-Provera Advice needed

(2 Posts)
Bongo100 Tue 08-Nov-16 17:39:05

I had my injection in May and stupidly expected my period to start after the three months were up but still no sign. Now I have noticed my stomach has bloated so much I look like I'm in the beginning stages of pregnancy (I'm not) and I can't do anything to get rid of it. I've also experienced some crazy hormonal PMT moods. I really miss having a regular cycle and the more I read about this contraceptive method the more I'm getting worried. It is different for everyone of course but sometimes it takes over a year to get your period again I hear. I'm desperate to get back to normal and I wonder if anyone can suggest anything to kick start it? I read that the bloating could be due to too much oestrogen as the body tries to motivate the reproductive system which sounds plausible.

HungryHorace Tue 08-Nov-16 17:49:54

I went onto the pill for 3 months when I came off Depo and got breakthrough bleeds straight away. When I came off the pill I then had 'normal' periods, albeit with a vaguely erratic cycle. I was pregnant 10 months after my last injection (7 months after it ran out).

I'm not sure if I kickstarted my cycle or was just lucky, however.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now