Talk

Advanced search

Forgotten how bad normal cycle was advice!

(4 Posts)
Tigger83 Mon 07-Nov-16 18:35:16

Hi! So my oh and I are planning on ttc in Jan so came off the pill last month to get used to cycles etc. The amazing news is I've been testing and I've ovulated which I'm so pleased about reading some of the stories on here. But after 15 years on the pill with only the occasional break I'd forgotten how bad the cramps, sore boobs etc everything was so any tips on easing the cramps etc? I'm so excited about ttc in the new year and nervous but really can't wait 😀😀😀

BusyNothings Mon 07-Nov-16 19:37:01

Hot water bottles and plenty of water!

TheCatsMother99 Mon 07-Nov-16 20:10:42

I was the same as you! I'd been on the pill for about 14 years and when I came off to TTC I was in for a shock because I'd blocked out how badly I used to suffer before. I actually had to go home from work because my cramps were so bad and I neeeeeded to get a water bottle. I also had a look on my face like I was going to kill someone apparently. I went home, worked from home but with TV on in background and cried at TOWIE, f sake.

Only tip is hot water bottle and painkillers. Also helps to tell your OH why you're such a moody cow so he knows why you want to kill everyone on sight grin

delilahbucket Mon 07-Nov-16 20:44:18

You may find it eases if you don't fall pregnant first. Mine did but it took a year. I'm just left with heavy periods and big clots and the cramps but it is all controlled with ibuprofen.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now