Talk

Advanced search

Mirena & symptoms

(5 Posts)
Lizi192 Sun 06-Nov-16 22:00:07

Hi all. i know you are all probably sick of hearing about these kind of topics but i need advice. *mirena inserted 18.11.16*

Ive had the mirena in for almost a year. when i last had it checked (4-6weeks ago). It was in place. No periods for around 4-5months.

This last week ive been suffering on/off acid reflux (sometimes to the point where i feel like im going to be sick), feeling abit bloated but not huge...just kinda full all the time.... but increased apetite, always tired, a mucousy white discharge and occasional lower left abdominal pain. i have NEVER had period pains so no idea how they feel.

Could i be pregnant or am i getting my first ever period symptoms.?. advice please 😊😊

Lizi192 Sun 06-Nov-16 22:00:49

I meant to put mirena inserted 18.11.15

lynseyc83 Mon 07-Nov-16 07:36:52

I had my mirenia for a year - no bleeding then I started having bleeds, I got a scan don and the mirenia had moved- there was loads of free space at the top of my uterus and was then at risk of pregnancy, had to get it removed

Chewysweets Mon 07-Nov-16 07:38:57

I get pregnancy symptoms all the time with my Mirena...I've done so many tests, all negative!

Lizi192 Mon 07-Nov-16 11:14:53

Lynseyc83 my coil was in the right position last time i had it checked. No bleeds and no bad pain so im sure its where it supposed to be.

Chewy sweets- ive not had any form of symptoms on my time with mirena, ive never had period symptoms in my life so maybe im just suddenly experiencing them haha. my main concern was the acid reflux, i havent had that since i was pregnant with my daughter (now 3). havent done a home test as with my 1st pregnancy i didnt get a positive til i was 3 week overdue for my period.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now