Tips to conceive!!

(12 Posts)
MummyOf1Boy Tue 01-Nov-16 13:22:59

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has any tips for conceiving - apart from the usual stay healthy, track ovulation and menstrual cycle.

Currently been TTC for 3 months and was hoping it would of happened by now - wishful thinking I know.

I keep telling myself to forget about TTC, relax and it will happen. Bit I am becoming more obsessed with getting pregnant and more frustrated every month when AF shows up!!

Thanks in advance xx

Phoenix76 Tue 01-Nov-16 22:41:35

Firstly, and one of the hardest things is try not to stress about it. My doctor said there had been research into it and they proved being stressed makes it harder to fall pregnant but they don't yet know the science behind it. I ditched my opk's after 10 months as they were stressing me out! We dtd every 2-3 days regardless of my cycle (apart from when af was about!). The only thing I put on my calendar was start of period and end of period. After months & months of trying and getting beyond devasted, I did some research and found that Ubiquinol QC10 is strongly linked to fertility (google it!) and, maybe a coincidence, within a month of taking it I got my result and have my precious 8 month old asleep with me. Obviously, taking your folic acid is vital and hopefully very soon you'll get your positive result. Please let us know how you get on!

MummyOf1Boy Tue 01-Nov-16 22:57:31

Thanks Phoenix76 Im going to google it now.

I do try not to stress but the 2WW drags just waiting to see if AF shows up and picking up on every little twinge that could be a sign I'm pregnant.

I dont use OPKs i only use the Ovia app to track -and try and predict - my menstrual cycle.

Thanks so much for your advice xx

HungryHorace Wed 02-Nov-16 08:23:57

Have you looked at SMEP (Sperm Meets Egg Plan). You basically need to DTD every other day from CD8 then the day of OV, the day after, leave a day then the next two days (I think, don't quote me; you'll need to Google it!).

Both times I've been pregnant we've succeeded using a method a bit like this. Though I've never DTD on the day of OV, only the day before and day after (due to circumstances!). It's much more preferable to have sperm waiting for the egg than waiting for OV. Sperm can't actually fertilise an egg until it's been in you for about 10 hours and an egg lives for no longer than 24 hours. There's a very short window of opportunity! Luckily sperm lives for 5-7 days, hence having some waiting working best!

SkyLucy Wed 02-Nov-16 08:31:17

Regular DTD is prob the best advice if you're just starting out, and yes, try not to worry! My (limited) advice is to look out for cervical mucus (sorry if TMI!) we were trying for four months but I wasn't temping/peeing on sticks etc. I'd read about CM but not taken much notice...then spotted it one night, jumped on DH, and am now six months pg! Best of luck to you!

NapQueen Wed 02-Nov-16 08:32:47

Dtd every other day for a month.

Exhausting but effective!

HungryHorace Wed 02-Nov-16 08:41:24

I think we DTD about 13-15 times the months I got pregnant, over a 2 week or so period. It worked a treat!

MummyOf1Boy Wed 02-Nov-16 10:53:12

Thanks for all your advice I will definitely take it on board and look into it.

My problem with DTD every other day is that my DH works away most of the week and is only home friday-sunday.

Very frustrating when TTC. Im thinking if getting OPK to track if I am ovulating when my app says that I am xx

Alb1 Wed 02-Nov-16 11:13:27

I didn't have much CM at all so took evening primrose oil for the first 14 days of my cycle and conceived the first month of doing it, we were also using conceive plus lubricant. Drank far more water that month than normal too!

janiPop Wed 02-Nov-16 16:30:11

I'd say to keep an eye on CM as when it begins to turn clear and slippery it means that you're fertile. Bodily signs are best to follow rather than an app since sometimes you could ovulate earlier or later and an app won't account for that

LauraK1987 Wed 02-Nov-16 19:16:17

The best advice (and most frustrating!) is not to think too much into it!!!! For 5months I tracked periods, cm, ovulation etc religiously every single day!!!! The tww was always torture and I would drive myself mad symptom spotting!!! Finally got my bfp on Monday and believe it or not this was the first month that I was massively distracted (work mainly....I have a stressful job!) and didn't check any of my apps or put in any data at all, in fact I've been so drained and tired from work we only dtd once this month! Checked my apps just for the sake of it when af should have been due and it's turned out I actually ovulated a full week before my apps supposedly said I would. Honestly just try your absolute best to be as relaxed about it as possible....I know it's easier said than done though

MummyOf1Boy Wed 02-Nov-16 21:47:35

Thanks for all your advice ladies. Definitely going to try and relax but I have been saying that for 4 month and more agitated than ever.

Are OPKs worth buying? Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now