Talk

Advanced search

Ttc after the depo

(16 Posts)
Rainydayzandmondays13 Mon 31-Oct-16 19:41:54

Hi everyone

I'm not sure if there is a currents thread about the same topic so apologies if there are.

I came off the depo about 3 months ago after being on it for 6 months. Ever since my periods have been all over the place. Either they're long or close together.

Very frustrating!!!

I have ordered some ovulation tests off of eBay to see if I'm ACTUALLY ovulating.

So was wondering if anyone wanted to join me in the journey of ttc after depo . Sharing the highs and the lows.

user1478353766 Mon 07-Nov-16 22:18:20

I've been looking all over the place for posts about this, I've come off the depo after 3 years and now ttc

Littlemisssugarplum88 Tue 08-Nov-16 13:49:10

I was on the depo injection a few years ago and it took a good 12 months for my periods to regulate again xx

HungryHorace Tue 08-Nov-16 17:52:06

I was pregnant 10 months after my last jab (7 months after it ran out). My cycles were a touch erratic, however (27 - 35 days).

Rainydayzandmondays13 Tue 08-Nov-16 18:21:00

Hi user

How are you? What's the aftermath of the depo been like for you? Hate how over the place the AF is x

Rainydayzandmondays13 Tue 08-Nov-16 18:23:21

@hungryhorace That's good! I do worry it's affected my body.

I've started af today so hopefully I'll be ovulating soon.

Babyaddicted Tue 08-Nov-16 18:25:49

I went on the deposit after having my son who is now 4. I had 2 injections. Last one was 3 years past August. Been ttc for that whole 3 years. I can count on 1 hand how many periods Iv had in that time. I wouldn't ever recommend the deposit to anyone because I have experienced it and heard loads of stories like mine. I'm now terrified I won't be able to have more children

alloutofnameideas Tue 08-Nov-16 18:35:49

I had depo for a year or so. My last injection ran out in the January, first AF was in the September, next was December. They were pretty regular then. April got pregnant. Baby is 10 months now. I already had children and caught immediately accidentally with all of them. We used no contraception at all after depo ran it and I had completely convinced myself I had completely destroyed my hormones and god knows what. I really believed I was not going to get pregnant again. Don't know my point here. I think that it does take a fair amount of time to wear off completely

user1478353766 Tue 08-Nov-16 18:38:30

I haven't had a period yet but just before I was due to get the next injection (which I didn't have as I came off it) I bled quite heavily for 11 days and the doctors still don't know what it was

Rainydayzandmondays13 Tue 08-Nov-16 20:40:58

Babyaddicted - I would never recommend it either it is truly the worst thing ever. I'm sorry you haven't had a bfp yet I really hope you do soon. Fingers crossed x

Allout- that's how I feel like it's destroyed me. I am having very erratic periods but I think the thing that'll calm me down a bit is when/if I ovulate x

User - really that is a mystery. Did they not say it's something to do with a withdrawal or something ? After the last injection I bled for 8 weeks. Then again for the entire 6 months I was on it I bled. That was hell x

user1478353766 Tue 08-Nov-16 21:11:02

The doctor said it could be a miscarriage but are still stumped, I've been having faint positives and negatives but no idea

Rainydayzandmondays13 Tue 08-Nov-16 21:32:02

I can imagine. that must be hard especially when a faint positive comes up then turns into a negative. Hopefully it will sort itself out soon x

Stormcloud10 Wed 09-Nov-16 08:22:07

Hi everyone, I came off the depo in April after using it on and off for years, I then went onto the pill and I stopped that mid October (actually we went away and I forgot to take it with me so we decided to start ttc!) I got my first proper period on Saturday so I'm hoping that the depo is out of my system. I also had no idea when I had it how hard it could be to conceive afterwards!

Rainydayzandmondays13 Wed 09-Nov-16 14:36:23

I know it's something they don't really tell you about isn't it. I've found my periods after depo are more painful and heavier. Probably just me though lol
Ahh so you've been ttc for a bit longer than me. Hopefully you'll get your bfp soon. Fingers crossed x

PotteringAlong Wed 09-Nov-16 14:45:55

I've come off depo 3 times:

1st was pregnant 7 weeks after it ran out. I never had a period

2nd was pregnant 17 months after it ran out BUT that was only 12 months after my periods restarted and 9 months after I stopped breastfeeding which might have had something to do with it.

3rd time was pregnant 7 months after coming off it.

PotteringAlong Wed 09-Nov-16 14:48:03

Meant to add: was on it 4 years the first time, 9 months between baby 1 and 2 and about the same between 2 and 3.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now