1st ovulation test advice!!

(12 Posts)
sarahboro1 Sat 29-Oct-16 19:29:50

Ok so day 1 of my period and I'm trying to positively look forward to this next month and hopefully conceiving!! Going to try ovulation tests this month for the first time so any advice please? Any brand you like / dislike? Any tips for using them? TIA. Xx

Sleepsleepsleep12 Sun 30-Oct-16 07:43:08

I used sainsburys own ovulation a sticks when ttc with number two and they did the job as she's now 3 months!

download an ovulation app also which helps! Make sure you test in the morning and evening as your "surges" peak at different times.

Enjoy and good luck xxx

sarahboro1 Sun 30-Oct-16 10:10:37

Ovulation app??!! Oh my what does that do??!!

Thanks for the tips, I'll do that!! Xx

happybus28 Sun 30-Oct-16 10:10:45

I use these bought of amazon. If you are using regularly they are much cheaper than getting from a chemist/supermarket. I bought 30 for about £7. I had very long cycles after coming off the pill so I was using these daily from CD8 onwards and sometimes wasn't ovulating until CD30!

They have worked for me and I have had clear positives with these every month. The best time to do for a more accurate result is mid-late afternoon. On the days I got positives or very close to positives I also did another one later in the evening too.

happybus28 Sun 30-Oct-16 10:12:35

Forgot to add I also use a app too, there are a few out there but the one I use is called Ovia. It's a good way of keeping track with where you are in your cycle, when your predicted fertile week is etc. It's very easy to use.

sarahboro1 Sun 30-Oct-16 10:35:27

Thanks happybus28 I'll have a look at them! As I'm on 8month ttc I think I may need to use a fair few!!! ☺️ Xx

MoonlightMojitos Sun 30-Oct-16 10:43:07

I also used the one step cheapies from amazon l, very easy to use and reasonably cheap. I hated the ovia app so used glow. Ovia is pregnancy obsessed and may make you want to shout abuse at your phone when it's egging you on with stupid tips and telling you to poas.

happybus28 Sun 30-Oct-16 10:46:48

No problem, I am on cycle 5 at the mo, CD10 so just started using them again yesterday. Last month I got a very clear positive on CD14 and ov'd on CD16. You probably know this already but the test line needs to be either as dark or darker than the control line to count as a positive. If the test line is fainter then it's negative.

sarahboro1 Sun 30-Oct-16 11:15:02

Thanks Moonlight and Happybus I'll get them ordered ready!!

No I don't have a clue how to use them do any advice is more than welcome thanks Happybus!! Xx

happybus28 Sun 30-Oct-16 12:32:45

Anytime, they are fairly easy to use but can be difficult to read sometimes as can be hard to decide if the line is as dark or darker! I struggled with it sometimes until I got a definite positive and it was glaringly obvious! Hopefully you won't need to use them for too long until you get your BFP!

stripes416 Sun 30-Oct-16 13:11:46

I use the Amazon ones also and have a clear positive with them every month, I've recently bought a clear blue one too just to double check around the time I think I will be ovulating, they're expensive though so I don't use them throughout my cycle.

It's best to use them in the afternoon, I used one a couple of weeks ago on my dinner break around 12 and it was negative and then I tried again around 5 when I got home and it was positive so you may want to try a couple of times in the day.

sarahboro1 Sun 30-Oct-16 16:41:47

Thank you everyone!! Fingers crossed this will do the trick or else I'm turning to witchcraft!!! 😂 Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now