Talk

Advanced search

Can you 'feel' pregnant before even knowing?

(21 Posts)
sparklywotsit99 Sat 29-Oct-16 18:36:50

Okay so i don't actually know for sure yet but me and my boyfriend of many many years and I have had unprotected sex as long as we have been together, although he only recently started finishing inside of me maybe 10/12 times?? He wants a baby and i am always broody, but if i am it has only been three weeks at the most so any advice? not sure what I'm asking just need to talk about it hmm

kimlo Sat 29-Oct-16 18:43:16

I did with dd2, when I got a positive test ut turned out I would only have been 3 weeks (fisret response test).

Plus my boobs were massive and sore.

Ladybunnyfluff Sat 29-Oct-16 18:46:25

I felt terribly ill at the start of this pregnancy and remembered feeling similarly awful when I had my DD, it was what made me test despite the odds REALLY being against it being positive. I'm now 28 weeks.

BendydickCuminsnatch Sat 29-Oct-16 18:47:16

Yes definitely! smile

DoubleCarrick Sat 29-Oct-16 18:49:00

I knew for both pregnancies that I was pregnant before I could get a positive pregnancy test. It was just instinct for me. I felt different, things smelt weird and I just felt like I knew. It was annoying as I was still a week before my period was due both times!

Emberfirefly Sat 29-Oct-16 19:11:04

Yes I 'knew' with ds3, can't explain it but I just felt different and knew I was pregnant. It wasn't anything to do with symptoms as they came a bit later but I definitely knew.

EvenFlo2 Sat 29-Oct-16 19:13:26

I absolutely knew I was pregnant the day I conceived. It was the strangest feeling ever.

JasperDamerel Sat 29-Oct-16 19:13:29

I knew with all of my pregnancies. I'm really sensitive to hormonal changes in general, though.

sparklywotsit99 Sat 29-Oct-16 20:36:07

can anyone recommend the most reliable test, one i can take as early as possible and get a pretty trustworthy result?

MoonlightMojitos Sat 29-Oct-16 22:07:15

I woke up 9pdo/a week before af was due feeling I was pregnant. Didn't have any symptoms or anything for another 2 weeks after that but I just had this overwhelming feeling! Poas and there it was, although very light at first. Frers are meant to be the most sensitive but I just used a cheapy, looked every where in my town for a frer that day after the first squinter and couldn't find any so I think most people must buy them online. I hear super drug ones are pretty good too? I've only used cheapy amazon ones and clearblues myself.

MoonlightMojitos Sat 29-Oct-16 22:07:34

Good luck by the way!

andadietcoke Sat 29-Oct-16 22:11:23

I conceived on 19th December. On Christmas Day I felt sick drinking alcohol. I got on a long haul flight on Boxing Day and remember 'feeling pregnant' then. I tested positive on 30th December. Turns out I was having twins though, so a lot more HCG around!

AmberNectarine Sat 29-Oct-16 22:19:03

Absolutely. I knew from 6 days post conception. Just popped into my head 'I'm pregnant'. Went out and got a test - indeed I was. Has happened every time.

VixenLupin Sat 29-Oct-16 22:24:00

I'm glad someone else said they knew as soon as they conceived because I did with DC2! I have no idea how or why but I just knew. Didn't happen with my other pregnancies. It was very strange.

Cloeycat Sat 29-Oct-16 22:25:43

Yep, felt different and looked exhausted/like shit so took a test about 4/5 days before period was due and was positive.

therealsquireofwideacre Sat 29-Oct-16 22:27:39

Yes, I knew about a week after conception and told my husband I was pregnant with a boy and what his name would be. I have no explanation, but I absolutely knew, and it wasn't a name I'd ever considered before. Our ds is 11 now.

Cloeycat Sat 29-Oct-16 22:28:47

Sorry I've seen you asked about tests- I got tesco ones and they were fine.. confession time: in my haste I somehow managed to pick up two boxes and only pay for one at the self service so I actually stole one 😕

Emberfirefly Sat 29-Oct-16 22:47:38

I used the cheap ones you can get in the pound store and got clear positive results three or four days my period was due. There's no need to spend a lot of money on expensive tests - if you wait until you are about a week overdue the cheap ones are fine.

RepentAtLeisure Sat 29-Oct-16 22:51:26

I swear I knew I conceived right when it happened. I told DP while we were cuddling in bed and he said I couldn't possibly know, but I was right!

DariaJask95 Sat 29-Oct-16 22:56:04

I think so, I felt pregnant a week before my period! smile

Namesake1012 Fri 11-Nov-16 17:01:40

I just found out I was pregnant. My period isn't due until Wednesday, but from last week I just knew. Felt completely different, nauseous, cramps breast tenderness. I know it's early but I definitely knew before hand. So I would say listen to your body you know it better than anyone else. Good luck smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now