Positive test now what :D

(9 Posts)
becca1611 Sat 29-Oct-16 13:31:00

So I finally got a BFP on this mornings testgrin. But what do I do next lol. I absolutely hate my doctors do I have to ring them or can i skirt round them? This is my first pregnancy as I'm sure you can tell and I haven't a clue what to do confused

tissuesosoft Sat 29-Oct-16 13:32:52

Congratulations!!
I just rang my chosen maternity unit to self refer, didn't need to go through the GP at all

Spam88 Sat 29-Oct-16 14:14:33

Depends on your local area as to whether you need to go via your GP but you should be able to google it smile congratulations!

19Laura88 Sat 29-Oct-16 15:28:12

I've just my first BFP too! Exactly
Four weeks today. Where I live I think you pick a form up from the surgery and hand it in, I'm going to wait a couple
More weeks yet it's very early days xx

haveacupoftea Sat 29-Oct-16 16:48:16

Now you start the 12ww til your scan...you only thought the 2ww was bad thlwink

Mishaps Sat 29-Oct-16 16:50:21

Change your GP - you will find that you will need them when your child is born and throughout its childhood - you need someone you can put your faith in.

Oysterbabe Sat 29-Oct-16 17:30:51

I called my GP and told them I was up the duff. They asked me to pop in and pick up a pregnancy pack. I didn't need to see a Dr. I then contacted the midwife directly.

Gardencentregroupie Sat 29-Oct-16 17:33:27

It does depend on the area, for my last pregnancy I self referred to the midwifery team, now I've moved and I had a booking in appointment with my GP.

I agree with the pp who suggested a change of GP - at the very least some of my end of pregnancy appointments were with my GP rather than midwife.

becca1611 Sat 29-Oct-16 17:45:12

Thanks for all the advice smile il give the docs a call on Monday to get the ball rolling and see what I need to do and then yes I will get myself registered at another doctors thank youflowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now