Sorry - Miss Paranoid here

(6 Posts)
JassyR Fri 28-Oct-16 08:53:24

Morning all,

So after the initial shock of positive test, my husband and I are both absolutely thrilled. I've now convinced myself that I'm not actually pregnant and am just imagining it all. I had a really faint clearblue line result then a digital test said yes. Is it possible for a digital test to be lying? I've attached the picture. I've done a couple of clearblue how many weeks tests to find out how pregnant I am but they said not pregnant so does that mean it's just too early for them to pick it up? Also, and I know it's ridiculous, I done a couple of other tests where I literally barely had enough wee (sorry for the info) to wet the stick and they came out negative - is that normal? I know this is a foolish thing to do and common sense tells me that a tiny bit of dilute urine in the early stages of pregnancy probably isn't going to produce a positive result but I'm just so sure it can't possibly be happening.
Normally I'm an educated, rational human being in a very responsible job but this seems to have sent me a bit doolally and now that we're so happy about it I've convinced myself its just some strange freak positive caused by the wrong brand of orange juice or something. I read you can't have a false positive but it just seems so incredible that I could be pregnant. Sorry. I do know I'm being utterly ridiculous.

physicskate Fri 28-Oct-16 10:06:47

I'm sure you know that it is incredibly rare to get false positives, especially with a digital. Congrats - you are pregnant! All you are doing testing and testing and testing is wasting your hard-earned money! It doesn't make you more or less pregnant!

How late are you?

You've already cottoned on to the dilute wee thing...

MrsG280516 Fri 28-Oct-16 10:21:22

You are definitely pregnant! If you're taking tests without first morning urine then its going to be more diluted and therefore possibly not enough hcg to give a positive. Plus the tests that barely get wet with urine are obviously also going to be negative. If you want to put your mind at rest, use FMU only smile

JassyR Fri 28-Oct-16 10:24:10

Physicskate I have no idea how late I would be as I run my pill packets together but I think the most likely candidate for when we had sex was 12 - 13 days ago. I'm really ignorant in terms of the mechanics so I don't know what that would mean in terms of how likely a pregnancy test would be to pick the hormone up by now.

ScottishLady7 Fri 28-Oct-16 11:17:04

Jassy you are very early then if you think you conceived 13 days ago.

For now, you are pregnant and testing isn't going to change that. Wait a few days to test again?

MouseLove Sun 30-Oct-16 00:01:13

Congratulations!!!! You're totally preggers. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now