Period has arrived at only 7DPO, CD23!

(15 Posts)
HeyPresto1 Thu 27-Oct-16 07:39:14

Short luteal phase experts - what can I do?! My LP is usually 8 or 9 days, I took vitamin B complex last cycle and it was 10 which I was very happy about as I know an extra day or two might make all the difference. However, I have continued with it this cycle and now a 7 day one! Any advice would be much appreciated. I am aged 40, and this was cycle 6 TTC no.2.

SleepFreeZone Thu 27-Oct-16 07:44:54

Acupuncture! It took my 23-25 day cycles back to 28 days and I conceived (feeding baby in bed as I type). I honestly couldn't rate it highly enough and I too was 40.

HeyPresto1 Thu 27-Oct-16 08:57:53

Thank you, SleepFree! That's a fab idea. I had acupuncture when I was pregnant and it left me feeling amazing! Can I ask how many sessions you had? The only drawback is cost - £45 an hour in my neck of the woods!

SleepFreeZone Thu 27-Oct-16 10:03:31

I saw a lady once a week. I think it was about £40 but it wasn't just in and out. I was ther for about an hour and a half as ther was talking therapy too and I pretty much cried each week 😳

She has ended up becoming a friend of mine as she saw me through my last miscarriage and then gave me a half price discount as I was going to quit and she knew she could help me conceive again and hold the pregnancy.

I would have a really good Google for fertility acupuncturists near you and maybe see if they would give a discount on block bookings. I honestly thought it was nonsense initially but she sorted my cycle length out in three months!

HeyPresto1 Thu 27-Oct-16 10:34:14

Thank you so much, I will do as you suggest. I'm so pleased that you had such success and biggest congratulations on your baby :-)

SleepFreeZone Thu 27-Oct-16 10:37:05

Lots of luck HeyPresto ☘☘☘

MmmMalbec Thu 27-Oct-16 15:09:10

I tried b6 and all it did was make me ovulate later. I also tried vitamin c and that didn't help at all (small study had good findings) I had reflexology and that didn't help. I thought about accupuncture but I decided I couldn't throw money at it so I went to the GP. I've got my next appointment with a consultant on Tuesday and will hopefully be startint clomid next month. I'm 29 and ttc2. I'm on cycle 7 now and conceived ds on cycle 2. It's depressing! Have you thought about seeing a doctor?

HeyPresto1 Fri 28-Oct-16 09:23:40

Thank you, Mmm. I saw my GP in May as I was worried that my shortened cycle and family history might mean I was approaching perimenopause. GP referred me for blood tests and my FSH level was 11.8 which I know isn't great. Not sure if there is anything else they can do. Would they prescribe Clomid if I am ovulating?

MmmMalbec Fri 28-Oct-16 15:01:51

I ovulate and I'll be getting it. Apparently weak ovulation can cause low progesterone and therefore a short LP. Clomid is to help people to ovulate but also helps to make bigger, stronger eggs and therefore should help to boost progesterone levels. That's how it's been explained to me anyway!

ethelfleda Sun 30-Oct-16 17:56:03

Definitely go and buy 'trying for a baby' vitamin tablets by 7 seas. Asda do 3 packs for a tenner... when I took them religiously I had a 28 day cycle and ovulate CD14. Didn't take them as much this month and had a 25 days cycle and a shorter lp

Cookie22 Mon 31-Oct-16 22:27:20

I applied Serenity Progesterone cream last month & couldn't rate it highly enough! I've been having a 7-8 day luteal phase since coming off the pill last year and after applying last month it increased to 12 days! Currently in the tww & hoping for another long luteal phase (or bfp) wink xx

HeyPresto1 Tue 01-Nov-16 07:37:07

Thank you so much for your kind replies. Cookie, where can I get this miracle cream from?! Does it need to be prescribed? And, errm, where do you apply it - externally or is it like a pessary that you insert?

HeyPresto1 Tue 01-Nov-16 07:48:58

I've found it online! Wishing you the best of luck in getting your BFP!

Cookie22 Tue 01-Nov-16 20:21:38

Glad you found it Presto & hope it brings you some success smile xx

HeyPresto1 Wed 02-Nov-16 08:48:13

Sorry Cookie, me again! Please could you clarify how you administer the cream? Which part of the body do you apply it to and do you begin starting the day after ovulation until AF turns up? I'm sorry to be clueless. All the information on their website seems to be related to using it to relieve symptoms of menopause rather than to lengthen luteal phase! x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now