Talk

Advanced search

Age Gap - Success Stories v Negative Stats!

(3 Posts)
Jett99 Wed 26-Oct-16 15:41:05

Hi there smile My partner and I have been talking about having children for a while, but we're starting to talk a lot more seriously about when we are going to start trying. However, when we do, I will be 22 and he will be 39. I have a step-daughter, so we already know he can have children, but that was over seven years ago. I've read in a few places that it can be a lot harder when the woman is <25 and the man is 40+, and I'm starting to worry that it might not work out. Does anyone have any positive stories etc. that will make me feel better, or know if this is a common problem? There doesn't seem to be much information on couples who are different ages. Thanks!

MrsG280516 Wed 26-Oct-16 15:59:00

I really wouldn't worry about it, I can't think of any reason why your ages would effect things, especially as its the man who is older. Men can still reproduce until well into old age.

holzyb20 Wed 26-Oct-16 18:02:13

My mum and dad had 16 years between them my mum was 25 and my dad was 41 I was their first and they had my brother 3 years later. No problem for them smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now