Help! My body is doing something weird!

(8 Posts)
Kookie88 Sat 22-Oct-16 20:54:13

I've been TTC for 10 months but haven't had a BFP yet. This month though, I'm currently 17dpo and my period is four days late. AF usually shows up right on time and I've never missed a period.

100% negative tests on FRERs, but my temps are high and CP feels very high and closed.

Tested for ovulation today and it's looking suspiciously dark. Is it possible that my body is gearing up to ovulate again, even though i missed a period?

Mummy2squish Sat 22-Oct-16 20:57:07

It could be that you didn't ovulate in your last cycle or have ovulated late. Are you normally very regular?

Kookie88 Sat 22-Oct-16 21:02:42

Mummy2Squish I got two peak readings on my ovulation monitor right on the days i normally do - and I'm always very regular both with ov and AF confused

haveacupoftea Sun 23-Oct-16 08:18:23

I suspect you might have a bfp in the works. Try another frer this morning.

EllieM22 Sun 23-Oct-16 08:31:49

Your body can gear up to ovulate and show positives/peaks just before it does, then never do it. So could be having another go now.

It could also be a bfp but if this test shows it, a decent sensitive one will too. Hcg is detectable on a hpt before it is on an opk. Good luck though

mrsbarnettsbaby Sun 23-Oct-16 08:56:51

I'm the same. Cd 53. Bfp. No AF. So started using op sticks like yours. Line on that darker each day. No idea what's going on.

mrsbarnettsbaby Sun 23-Oct-16 08:57:31

Bfn! Not bfp - I wish!

Kookie88 Sun 23-Oct-16 09:48:03

Haveacupoftea no BFPs here, tested again this morning with a FRER and got a BFN sad

EllieM yes, It looks like my body's just skipped a period. I wouldn't be weirded out if I had irregular cycles but I've always been like clockwork and never had a 'blip' before! I went all out with fertility acupuncture this month though, so I'm thinking it could have something to do with this...

MrsBarnett so sorry you're going through this, it's so frustrating not knowing what is happening. Are your cycles usually regular?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now