Talk

Advanced search

Best tests?

(6 Posts)

I am about to start TTC, and I want to stock up on a load of pregnancy tests so that when I actually need to use one I'll have a few to hand.
I'm on the app so searching isn't particularly easy, but is there a cheapest test that you think is worth the money?
Or should I just wait until I'm convinced I actually need one and go for a big brand one?

I'm sure I've seen a recommendation for cheap superdrug ones somewhere but don't know if that's out of date info.

DollyBarton Thu 20-Oct-16 07:55:54

Wait till your period is late and likely you will only need one. It won't matter which one you use.

INeedNewShoes Thu 20-Oct-16 07:58:08

The Cassanovum tests (only available online) are the best cheap tests in my experience.

The really cheap internet cheapies like OneStep are not great in my experience. Despite claiming 10lu sensitivity they didn't show a clearly visible line until about 5 days after a First Response and 3 days after a Cassanovum.

MouseLove Thu 20-Oct-16 08:02:16

Agree with above. Don't buy until you need. You'll only need one. First response is what most people use. And then a clear blue digital a few weeks later.

Thanks all! Guess it's not worth it then. I was hoping there was some magical test for only a few quid that would somehow tell me incredibly early

DollyBarton Thu 20-Oct-16 08:46:30

Some of them can tell you early but why test when you have no reason to. You'll drive yourself mad. Period being late is a reason to test.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now