Talk

Advanced search

TTC DC2

(6 Posts)
Ffsusernamesallgone Wed 19-Oct-16 21:48:00

DH and I are very lucky to have a DD. We always wanted 2 but for various reasons we've waited until DD is 2, although wanted to do it sooner. She was conceived very quickly in the first month of trying. We (naively) thought it would be like that this time. It's only been 4 months which isn't a long time I know but every period that comes is more upsetting. At what point do I go to my GP? I'm mid thirties and DH is early forties so I know time isn't really on our side. DH keeps making excuses like "we've not been trying hard enough" or "we're both a bit run down". I feel a bit worried that it won't happen for us. When is there officially a problem worth getting a GP opinion for?

Dazedandconfusedtoomuchpeppa Wed 19-Oct-16 21:53:36

As far as I know it is 12 months before GP will look into it. Have you tried ovulation tests? The Clearblue digital tests are very clear abd you can pinpoint exactly when you're ovulating. Good luck flowers

Ffsusernamesallgone Wed 19-Oct-16 21:58:57

I haven't tried the ovulation tests or anything like that. I have an app where I log all my periods and that tells you roughly when you ovulate. We've been trying for a few days before and after that. Maybe I need to get more scientific about this!

MouseLove Wed 19-Oct-16 22:03:05

What I'd do is either use OPKS for a month or just DTD every other day in your fertile week. So to make sure try and DTD every other day for the middle 2 weeks of your cycle. I'd say that's trying pretty hard. wink have fun!!!

Katie0907 Wed 19-Oct-16 22:18:42

Hi I'm in the same situation too. DD was a surprise pregnancy - so fell pregnant without trying and now 4 months in of trying is starting to become upsetting. I think it's because we waited a few years before deciding to have another DC so I'm being impatient. It does seem however that there are pregnant people and babies everywhere and all I can think is.... Not fair I want one!

MrsY87 Thu 20-Oct-16 09:09:19

I'm in a similar situation, we delayed trying for various reasons until DD was 18months and assumed it would happen easily as DD was conceived cycle 1, how wrong was I. DD has just turned two and still waiting for a sticky BFP, I've had 2 early mc in that time. I really understand the heartbreak each month when your period arrives. My DH is similar to yours I don't think that they have that same yearning for another baby

I think they say 6 months if you are over 35, 1 year if under before you see your GP so depending on which side you fall it may be worth going and seeing them. I'm 29 and have seen my GP following the miscarriages and they have been surprisingly helpful and have agreed to do some tests even though I haven't yet had a third mc (hoping that doesn't happen obviously)

It's so hard when things don't happen as you expect them too, I really had no idea that ttc would be quite so stressful and such an emotional rollercoaster as DD was so straightforward! And there seem to be constant pregnancy announcements at the moment which makes it even harder!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now