Talk

Advanced search

I'm Worried Now

(11 Posts)
SlimbobJones Tue 18-Oct-16 15:04:59

I had my Nexplanon implant taken out on August 23rd after it was in for 3 years.

I haven't had any kind of bleeding AT ALL since. Nada. No period, no spotting, no break through, nothing.

We had sex the night before it was taken out and have used condoms since (I want 6 months of normal periods before getting pregnant)

I took a pregnancy test on 7th Sept that was negative but haven't bothered taking one since.

What the geoff is going on?? Where the fuck is my period??

physicskate Tue 18-Oct-16 19:54:02

Unfortunately, it is probably because of the implant coming out. As you have now missed two periods, it's probably worth going to the gp. They very may well tell you just to keep waiting... so be persistent!

MouseLove Tue 18-Oct-16 20:08:16

It's a common side effect. Cycles can take up to 6 months to appear and another 6 to be regular. Heartbreaking really as I'm also coming off the pill. sad

Redken24 Tue 18-Oct-16 20:10:06

take another test?

SlimbobJones Tue 18-Oct-16 21:12:02

So I'm not unusual? That's massively reassuring because I've convinced myself I've made myself infertile sad I'm only 25 and we're wanting to start a family in the next year or so.

I couldn't the pregnant could I? Haven't had sex without a condom since I had it removed?

MouseLove Tue 18-Oct-16 21:13:39

Maybe test just to make sure? If it's negative you know it's probably just your cycles trying to regulate. See a doctor if you're really concerned. X

SlimbobJones Tue 18-Oct-16 21:30:01

Looks like a quick test in Tesco toilets before work tomorrow is in order... I hope not, I was on holiday last week and drank quite a bit of alcohol blush which can't be good in early pregnancy sad

On the other hand... baby. grin

I very much doubt I'm upduffed unless dp has super duper sperm and I got pregnant from the night before my implant was removed??

Redken24 Tue 18-Oct-16 22:15:32

I got pregnant really quickly after implant removal.
good luck tomoro - hold that first pee in!! !

SlimbobJones Wed 19-Oct-16 08:19:16

Morning!

Took a test this morning, I'm not pregnant.

Sooooo GP?

SleepFreeZone Wed 19-Oct-16 08:29:51

I think they will say you just have to wait it out. You could try acupuncture, I've found it brilliant at sorting out cycles.

MouseLove Wed 19-Oct-16 15:23:01

Try taking Angus cactus Slim - it's meant to help bring on AF. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now