TTC - some advice please

(4 Posts)
Gfilly Tue 11-Oct-16 10:17:49

Hello, newbie here!
I am hoping that there might be some other ladies who might have experienced similar symptoms to me that can share their outcome?

I'll try to keep it short so not to lose your interest!

We have been ttc this month and this will be my second month off micronor (mini pill). I had a normal af on 13th Sept and then we DTD all the days leading up to my ov date which was the 27th Sept. We also continued a few days later to make sure we didn't miss the date.

Since then I have had a number of unusual and uncharacteristic symptoms for my regular cycle.

On CD 24 (9 dpo) I had brown spotting and mild tugging cramps.
This lasted alongside some very light pink spotting through to CD 28 (13 dpo)
Hopeful I took a clear blue test and got bfn.
My BBS are swollen but only tender on the sides. They occasionally feel prickly and there is itchy sensations.
I feel nauseaus on and off but I have chosen to ignore this one as I do get this around AF normally.
As far as cm it has been all over the place since ovulation. I have had a mix of white ewcm and lotion like cm. It hasn't been dry which ordinarily before a period it would dry up.
I have been checking my cervix since ov and it had stayed high and soft right up until today. It is medium and hard - AF is scheduled to arrive today.
I have done another hpt today and got a bfn again.

So... What I would like to know is if anyone has had these very obvious pregnancy symptoms before and just got their regular visit from AF or did they go on to get a positive result passed their expected period date?

Thank you for reading!!! Xxx

Gfilly Tue 11-Oct-16 11:21:46

Nobody?

physicskate Tue 11-Oct-16 19:29:50

Early pregnancy symptoms and af symptoms are identical in more people. Generally, if you are pregnant enough to have symptoms, you are pregnant enough to test positive...

That said, give it a couple days, and if af hasn't arrived, test again. What test are you using?

It's amazing, I never (thought) I got pms symptoms, but since ttc my cycles have gone HAYWIRE!!!! I turn into a boob-pain, gassy, crampy beast! And my once-regular cycles are all over the shop too!

In any one month you have a 20-25% chance of getting pregnant if having sex at the right time...

delilahbucket Tue 11-Oct-16 20:53:42

Just remember, you have only recently come off the pill and it can take many months for hormones to settle. Your "symptoms" sound just like a normal month for me. As the pp said, af and pregnancy symptoms are one and the same. If you're testing negative now it's highly unlikely you are pregnant, but if af doesn't arrive, test again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now