We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What would you count as Day 3 - first blood tests

(5 Posts)
Fruitcocktail6 Mon 10-Oct-16 10:23:41

Hello,

This is my first ttc post, but we have been ttc baby 1 for coming up to 18 months now. I have spoken with the doctor and am due to get the first set of blood tests.

The advice is to go on day 3 of the cycle, but my periods make it a little tricky to tell which day is which. I often have a few days of very light bleeding, even spotting, then yesterday it was a little more, but not even enough to need a pad/tampon. Today is a normal flow.

If I count today as day 1, it will make Wednesday day 3 and that is the one day this week I can't go. Do you think it works to count Sunday as day 1? So I can go tomorrow?

I am not sure how specific the days need to be to get an accurate reading from the test. Any advice or experience on the matter would be much appreciated.

DizzyNorthernBird Mon 10-Oct-16 12:55:13

I would count today as cd1.

My consultant said cd3 bloods could be a day either way, cd2 to cd4, so I had mine done on cd4. Just make sure the doctor is aware which day it was taken on.

I get my results a week tomorrow though so I'm new to this too, can't really advise you any further than that!

Fruitcocktail6 Mon 10-Oct-16 13:11:03

Thank you so much! I will go tomorrow as I have a training session I can't miss on Wednesday, and the blood clinic is only open 9-12 on weekdays!

DizzyNorthernBird Mon 10-Oct-16 18:57:21

Yes I've also struggled working around availability of appointments with my shifts. It's all very well when they say tests must be on a certain day but it's easier said than done!

Good luck!

Fruitcocktail6 Mon 10-Oct-16 19:23:54

It really is. My work is usually pretty good, but I work term time so I couldn't do it last month, we had just got back from the summer holidays and it would've been pretty poor form!

I do also find it tricky to tell which day of my cycle I'm on, so I hope the test is still accurate

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now