Talk

Advanced search

We've decided to TTC but can't find time to dtd! Tips please!

(6 Posts)
CesareBorgiasUnicornMask Mon 10-Oct-16 07:12:34

DH is a shift worker, and DS (2.2) is currently going through a phase of going to sleep in our bed almost every night as he's just not settling in his own room. Sometimes we manage to move him back to his but it's short-lived if we do. We don't have a spare bed and the sofa is very small...

We made the decision a week and a half ago and since then have managed to dtd once, and that's only because I skied an afternoon of uni while DH had a day off! How on earth do people actually find time for sex?!

VioletBam Mon 10-Oct-16 12:29:18

What are DH's shifts? You can always do it in the day.

MrsG280516 Mon 10-Oct-16 13:21:56

Could you have DS looked after overnight for a night or two in your fertile week? Could help you to have a mini date night at home.

CesareBorgiasUnicornMask Mon 10-Oct-16 15:30:49

We don't have any family who could take him overnight. I think it's going to have to be during the day!

Oysterbabe Mon 10-Oct-16 16:43:53

Just have sex in the lounge / over the dining room table / kitchen. Ttc sex need only last 5 minutes smile

CesareBorgiasUnicornMask Wed 12-Oct-16 22:32:26

I will share that wisdom with dh. He seems to think we need hours free every time... On the plus side I've woken up today feeling sick with sore boobs, left my purse on the train and overshot my end station through daydreaming idiocy of this kind was a major feature of my last pregnancy so maybe we've been lucky already shock. Or I have PMT and am kidding myself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now