Driving myself nuts with multiple testing

(5 Posts)
Alb1 Sun 09-Oct-16 08:48:23

As the title says, I'm being crazy! My last baby was stillborn though so the stakes just feel so much higher this time.

Got a faint positive on a blue dye at 9dpo, so got superdrug early and for a decent faint line at 10dpo, but of course I didn't stop there! Used a pound shop cheapie yesterday at 11dpo which claim to be 20miu and the line was a shadow which faded to negative after a few hours, so did the digital with weeks indicator with smu and got pregnant 1-2 weeks, and then tested again with the cheapie this morning and it was a shadow that faded to negative again confused.

My logic with multiple testing is that if it's going to be a chemical id rather no by negative test than the shock of period starting, but I no its not helping really!

Not expecting any responses here, think I just needed to write it down

physicskate Sun 09-Oct-16 09:49:51

Sorry about your previous loss. Congrats on currently being pregnant. Put the tests down for a few days. Using different tests means they have different sensitivities and you will drive yourself nuts. Even the digital picked it up and they aren't all that sensitive!

Alb1 Sun 09-Oct-16 13:18:13

Thanks, I went and bought another superdrug one and it's way fainter than 2 days ago so I'm taking that as a bad sign. AF is due tomorrow or Tuesday so if it doesn't arrive il test again on Wednesday but I'm not expecting anything from it

Writerwannabe83 Sun 09-Oct-16 13:52:45

Hi Alb1, very sorry to hear of your loss flowers

I was pregnant earlier his year and miscarried after having had two weeks of positive tests. I was testing almost everyday simply because I just loved looking at the lines. Ten days after my initial BFP I noticed my line seemed to be a little fainter than previous and I obsessed over it, everyone told me to chill out but I carried on testing and on the 14th day after my initial BFP there was no second line.

I went to see my GP who told me that the pregnancy hadn't been successful and it was likely I would miscarriage within the next week. I was really upset.

As it was, I woke up the next morning to a very large blood loss, it was quite horrific actually. I'm really, really glad I knew that the pregnancy hadn't been viable before the bleeding actually started because if I had gone to bed thinking I was pregnant and then woken up to all that blood I can't even imagine how I would have emotionally coped with it.

I was obviously still very upset that I miscarried but I'd had a few days to prepare for it and had already accepted that I wasn't pregnant before the bleeding started. Based on my own experience I can totally understand why you'd rather know the pregnancy wasn't successful before your period arrived.

Thinking of you flowers

Alb1 Mon 10-Oct-16 09:04:56

Thanks writer, sorry about your miscarriage too flowers I really hope you get your bfp soon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now