Ttc for no2, is this feeling normal?

(7 Posts)
mamarach26 Sat 08-Oct-16 07:50:46

Hi,
Been ttc for no2 for around 3 months. I have a DS who is 2 on the 26th of this month, but now I'm starting to worry about how me and my partner will cope. How will we get them both to sleep? How will I deal with a new baby (if I am pregnant) waking my 2 year old?
My parents are brilliant, very supportive and have my DS every Saturday over night for a sleepover which he loves, as he gets spoilt.
Would he feel pushed out if we had a baby?
I think the panic has set in sad is this normal?

PotteringAlong Sat 08-Oct-16 07:52:18

Yes. I panicked before I had number 2, I'm panicking now before number 3!

mamarach26 Sat 08-Oct-16 08:04:50

Thank god! I know it might sound stupid but, how different is it having number 2? And congratulations! grin

MmmMalbec Sat 08-Oct-16 08:20:20

Yep that's exactly how I feel. We've been up and down so much about whether or not we can do it all again. It's so difficult isn't it! Plenty of people manage fine and really once the baby is here, I guess you have no choice anyway! But it's a scary thought!

Eminybob Sat 08-Oct-16 08:48:08

I'm in the same situation as you op, ttc no2 with a 2 year old.
All the time I have a panic and think I can't do this! And just think I'll jut stop at DS.
THEN I get a grip and realise that millions of parents cope every single day with 2 and more children and I need to stop being so wet!
It's daunting, because it must be doable - loads of people do it and if you have family around you, you will be fine [smilem

Eminybob Sat 08-Oct-16 08:48:55

So many typos, sorry!

mamarach26 Sat 08-Oct-16 09:52:47

I'm just happy that people feel the same way, I keep changing my mind. On the days that my DS is being a angel I always think I could do it, but he's having tantrums every hour or so today and it's not even dinner time yet sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now