Talk

Advanced search

No pre symptoms at 6 weeks

(11 Posts)
Hermano Wed 05-Oct-16 11:35:15

Does anyone else have no / very minor pregnancy symptoms at 6 weeks?

I don't remember what I had at 6 weeks last time with DD.

I never had morning sickness. I did have sensitive boobs and nipples, gagging on toothbrush, weeing in the night, starving hungry at breakfast and less hungry in the evening, plus I went off meat but not off alcohol, loved sniffing DP's rum. Oh and I had a low level cold which stayed until ~16 weeks. But I don't remember when any of these started!

I'm terrified the lack of symptoms might mean little one isn't sticky.

Hermano Wed 05-Oct-16 11:35:43

Op should say 'no preg symptoms'

lynniep Wed 05-Oct-16 11:42:12

I had nothing with DS2 (very sore boobs with DS1 which is how I knew)
Therefore I only realised I was pg at 11wks - because it suddenly occurred to me that I hadn't had a period for quite some time...

NeverAShadowOfDoubt Wed 05-Oct-16 11:46:40

Mine didn't start until nearly 7 weeks and bloody hell did I know about it then! Remember every pregnancy is different. What you felt last time may be the opposite of what you will feel this time. As long as you're not bleeding (and even then it can be normal) then it's a good sign.

Stay positive smile

Hermano Wed 05-Oct-16 11:55:22

Thanks, I think I just needed to hear from people that this was also normal.

I've been ttc for over a year and have low ovarian reserve which normally goes hand in hand with low egg quality. In my mind all the things I've been doing to improve egg quality might have just made a really shit egg hang on for a week or 2 more than it would have otherwise, so I'm worried it won't go the distance.
Nice positive thinking eh?!

NeverAShadowOfDoubt Wed 05-Oct-16 12:27:52

It is much easier said than done I know. Completely understandable though.

Congratulations by the way! How old is your DD now?

Hermano Wed 05-Oct-16 12:33:07

DD is turning 3 next week! She's going to be so excited if we do manage to go the distance with another DC, so trying to keep calm on her behalf too (though obv she doesn't know anything, we've never mentioned the idea of another baby to her - it feels too painful to give her the idea then have to let her down)

NeverAShadowOfDoubt Wed 05-Oct-16 12:58:48

Awwww. She will be a very excited big sister! I'm sending lots of positive thoughts your way smile

ThisLittlePiggyHadRoastBeef Wed 05-Oct-16 13:01:21

I had no symptoms at all - my first scan was 12 weeks and I was convinced there would be no baby there!

DD is nearly two smile

Congratulations - enjoy your pregnancy smile

Hermano Sat 08-Oct-16 16:04:57

Still no real symptoms here, 6+2.

I felt a tiny tiny bit nauseous around lunchtime and didn't fancy the scampi OH made, but that is it!

All the other threads I look at mention cravings, morning sickness etc coming on really strong.

I was stroking my fibroid belly and it is a bit swollen but that might be my imagination. Anyway stroking it I felt a kind of pop sensation which I am now convinced was LO detaching. Think I'm going to have an early scan next week to put my mind at rest, but not sure OH can come too and I don't want to get bad news on my own.

I'm just using this thread to rant and moan as we're not telling anyone about this one until 20 weeks as I'm so paranoid there will be an abnormality which will be life incompatible cos I've only got about 2 eggs left and they're useless apparently.

Moan moan moan

Does this belong in pregnancy instead of conception?

pastarses Sat 08-Oct-16 19:46:09

I remember thinking this at 6w and wondering if I felt nauseous. When the nausea hit a week or two later I really laughed in retrospect as I was so so sick. If you aren't having many symptoms, maybe just enjoy it for now. Some women are lucky enough to have no nausea at all but I think 6 w is pretty early to feel much going on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now