Talk

Advanced search

Taking coenzyme q10 while pregnant?

(7 Posts)
Hermano Sat 01-Oct-16 07:57:34

Not sure if I'm pregnant, AF 9 days late so fingers crossed, but not POAS yet (whole other thread discussing this before name change)

Anyway I've been taking Co q10 snake oil, should I stop in case I am up the duff?

And how important is it to change from conception vits to preg ones? I'm using boots own at the moment which don't have arginine or anything else dodgy.

I'm keeping on with levothyroxine as GP said that was important if preg.

Apologies for being so bloody superstitious about this I can't even type the word properly.

Any wisdom gratefully received

Hermano Sat 01-Oct-16 09:53:39

Bump

Hermano Sat 01-Oct-16 19:51:57

One more hopeful bump please

delilahbucket Sat 01-Oct-16 20:42:48

No one knows if taking coq10 when pregnant is safe. It has not been confirmed either way.
No need to worry about swapping vitamins provided you are not taking vitamin a.

MoonlightMojitos Sun 02-Oct-16 09:35:57

Can't help with the q10 sorry but I'm going to carry on taking conception vitimins. I'd just stocked up on 3 months worth then got my BFP so not going to waste them! I'm sure they're fine.

MoonlightMojitos Sun 02-Oct-16 09:36:15

Oh and fx for you!

Hermano Sun 02-Oct-16 10:07:48

Thanks moonlight and delilah.

I'm sure q10 is fine but if I believed in its power enough to take it then I should believe in it enough to stop taking it now, even though it just gives cells more energy?! I don't know. So much superstition around this all...

I might go back to the egg quality book to check and report back. Though then I'll have to avoid tupperware and cakes again sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now