We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mixed ovulation test results clearblue and onestep

(9 Posts)
Djmarbella Fri 30-Sep-16 18:08:39

Hi there!
I started my period on the 16th of september and finished on the 20th. Tested the purple clearblue dual ovulation test on the 21st and had a flashing smiley. Tested again on the 22nd had flashing smiley again. The morning of the 23rd i had the static smiley! Over these dates we dtd. The past few days i have felt like ive been ovulating so today the 30th of september i took the cheap one step ovulation test and it came out positive, thought this was weird so i tested with the clearblue pink digital test and came out positive too! I then took the dual hormone purple clearblue test but that was negative!
Im so confused! How can the purple test last week say positive, then this week negative but the other 2 tests say positive!
Any advice would be much apreciated smile

5tardusty Fri 30-Sep-16 18:17:10

You should take a pregnancy test. LH and HCG are very similar hormones are very similar and the Ovulations tests will be positive if the detect HCG in your urine. Pregnancy tests ONLY detect HCG. Youre only approx 7 days DPO but some tests do show up early.

Alternatively, if in doubt have sex!! Sometimes you might fail to ovulate on time and experience a second surge.

Good luck!

Djmarbella Fri 30-Sep-16 18:31:57

Thanks for your reply 5tardusty!
I did also take a cheap onestep pregnancy test today and was negative. Me and bf dtd today just incase. He also took the onestep ovulation test and was negative lol so at least i know they are accurate!

haveacupoftea Fri 30-Sep-16 18:47:13

A one step pregnancy test wont tell you at 7dpo if youre pregnant, only a frer will.

Djmarbella Fri 30-Sep-16 19:03:39

Hi haveacupoftea! Thank for your reply, but whats a frer?

PurpleHaze1 Fri 30-Sep-16 19:15:26

I think the cheap OPK and normal CB OPK are probably correct. The purple ones have to be used in a specific way & work differently to normal ovulation tests. How long are your cycles usually? Depending on length you start testing with the purple tests on a specific day & it will give you a blank circle & record that as your base level. Subsequent tests will then measure against your base level to show if there's a rise. The fact that you had a peak reading then tested again & got a blank is because that's it now recording you as back at base level. You can't use the DH tests twice in one cycle after a peak reading.

I'm not sure how to explain the fact that you got a peak reading already though. Perhaps you started testing too early so your base level was v v low? Not sure confused

Djmarbella Fri 30-Sep-16 19:42:02

Hi PurpleHaze1!
Thanks for your reply smile
My cycle is approx 30 days, me and bf have been trying since July 2016 and ive been using ovulation tests (pink cb) but this last month i decided to buy the purple ones to see the difference. Maybe i used the purple ones wrong as didnt want to miss OV. If anyone else knows anything else or had the same let me know. If not fingers crossed in a few weeks i get a positive pregnancy test!

PurpleHaze1 Fri 30-Sep-16 19:56:53

OP with a 30 day cycle, you should start testing on CD10 but I think from what you've said you started testing on CD6? I'm not sure but I suspect that might have something to do with why you're getting conflicting results. It would seem odd for your original purple peak reading to be correct with a 30 day cycle as that'd give you a very long luteal phase. So, I would treat the pink CB and cheap OPK as correct and get to DTD smile

Good luck!

Djmarbella Tue 04-Oct-16 21:02:05

Tested cervical fluid today im on day 19 of cycle and was thick with a brownish tinge, looking online could be implantation bleeding so will take a preg test in the morn! Baby dust to all smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now