Talk

Advanced search

Conception Vitamins VS Multivitamins

(3 Posts)
MrsPositiveAttidude2016 Wed 28-Sep-16 18:24:12

We're trying for #2 and I've been taking Pregnancare for 7 months. They don't agree with me at all. I started taking them with #1 but found out I was pregnant 4 weeks later, so not sure they really had an affect on that pregnancy. I'm thinking of changing to a normal (cheaper) multivitamin with a folic acid supplement. I know nothing about vitamins and their affects so hoping some of you lively ladies might be able to help me out. I really want my BFP but don't know how much longer I can cope with the affects of Pregnancare.

MrsPositiveAttidude2016 Wed 28-Sep-16 18:25:14

Probably should add that I have PCOS.

HopperBusTicket Wed 28-Sep-16 18:27:51

Pregancy multivitamins don't contain vitamin A which can be dangerous in high levels in pregnancy (the same reason you're not supposed to eat liver). I think the only supplements that are a 'must' for conception and pregnancy are folic acid and vitamin D so if Pregnacars disagrees with you then you could just take those and focus on a healthy diet to make sure you're getting everything you need.

Good luck TTC.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now