Talk

Advanced search

TTC over a year, af late, don't want to POAS. Anyone agree?

(9 Posts)
NoPlanYet Tue 27-Sep-16 10:58:12

Got one amazing DD conceived first time nearly 4 years ago.

Been TTC since last summer, investigations show low AMH (2.9) so either DD was a miracle baby or my fertility has serious tanked since her.

One unsuccessful IVF (2 eggs collected on 450 menopur sad, 1 fertilised, BFN then bleeding 2 days after I stopped cyclogest) followed by the world's heaviest most painful period the next month later.

Now I'm another month after and now AF on CD33. I've never had a cycle this long, I'm normally very regular 27-29 days.

All sorts of rumbles and some minor cramps for the last 10 days plus dodgy stomach which normally means AF.

AIBU to not want to POAS and kill the dream that my rubbish tiny reserve of eggs might have hit the jackpot? I don't really think I'm pregnant, I think it's more likely this is post-IVF / pre-menopause hormone nonsense, but I want to keep the dream alive!

Anyone else prefer to keep the hope rather than POAS and find out the truth? I'm not much of a drinker so it doesn't matter and I'm taking vits etc have been for 18 months now

I don't want people pushing me to POAS or say this might be the month etc, I find it much easier to be negative about this and hope for a surprise rather than feel positive and get disappointed every month. Just pondering really...

Oh and I've been wearing an ST for the last 5 days as I don't want to start on the train etc! Think I'm going mad

NoPlanYet Tue 27-Sep-16 11:02:45

No AF on CD33, not now

YouBoggleMyMind Tue 27-Sep-16 11:20:58

How long do you plan on leaving it? I plan to test on Wednesday or Thursday if you need a hand to hold.

NoPlanYet Tue 27-Sep-16 11:33:40

Thanks boggle, that's a really lovely offer.
That feels a bit early for me. I was thinking minimum 1 week (which is Thurs but I count as FrI for some reason, probably as last AF started on Fri). I might leave it 2 week though.
There's no real hurry right? If I am then I'm behaving sensibly in the next few days, and if I'm not then I will know something is amiss then so can get gp app ASAP.

Good luck boggle, I really hope you get a BFP.

DP thinks I've gone mad with sanitary towels in. Plus I'm a bit thrushy so at least my knickers are staying clean?!

I got thrush when pregnant with DD. Not enjoying my thrush as a possible symptom. Not at all. Ignoring the fact I got thrush when 4 months pregnant

YouBoggleMyMind Tue 27-Sep-16 11:45:32

You're right that there is no rush. The longer you leave it, the less time you wait for the end product!

I'm getting scared about testing. Been trying for over 2 years and on round 6 of clomid. I usually start spotting by this point but nothing so far... just terrified each time I take a trip to the loo... haha

AliceScarlett Tue 27-Sep-16 11:49:16

I hear you. I never poas anymore. Just wait for AF. Plus in theory you could get a negative, so, why torture yourself?

delilahbucket Tue 27-Sep-16 22:40:40

I can definitely sympathise. I got to 32 days cycle before last (normally 25-28 days). I was so convinced I was pregnant but scared to test. In the end my body was playing tricks with me and when I really thought about it I realised that I had actually ovulated late, but had ignored the signs thinking I had ovulated earlier (first month if not tracking it as well). I knew when a test was negative at three days late that I wasn't pregnant for sure. That was the most disappointed I've felt in 17 cycles of ttc.

lousylear Wed 28-Sep-16 06:22:32

I'm with you. Had 38 day cycle last month. Was convinced I was pg. used loads of tests. This cycle I'm now cd27. AF due Thursday. However no sign yet. I'm not testing though for another 10 days if AF hasn't shown. I hate seeing all those bfn.

NoPlanYet Wed 28-Sep-16 17:11:34

Thanks for replies, made me feel a bit less of a freak amongst other threads always shouting to POAS.
I think ultimately I'd be less upset to come on 10 days late without testing than to test then have a very early miscarriage.
Bit shit either way but I prefer not actually knowing I lost something real.

Good luck to you all with BFPs, this difficulty getting pregnant is a shit situation I wouldn't wish on anyone flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now