On a 2 month round of clomid TTC baby number 2 5 years on.

(31 Posts)
Dizzybintess Mon 26-Sep-16 12:26:26

Is anyone else on Clomid at the moment. Anyone else on round one who also needs support. Thought we could all support each other.
I have just done an Ovulation test that has come back positive so that's good xx

Sparklyslippers Mon 26-Sep-16 12:55:55

Hello what dose you on? Did you conceive your 1st on clomid? Im on day 10 of round 4

wantingabud Mon 26-Sep-16 13:08:24

I'm on clomid also - to give background I was put on this back in February (50 mg CD2-6) although I was ovulating fine they said sometimes it can help and it did as I got pregnant first cycle although sadly lost the baby at 21 weeks.
The doctor has put me back on clomid again and the first round (same mg/days) hasn't worked sad I'm on the 2nd cycle now and on CD10 so hoping to get my positive opk soon.
Baby dust

Dizzybintess Mon 26-Sep-16 14:16:33

Sorry to hear that wantingabud xxx hoping you get some happiness soon xx
I am 38 years old and had my daughter at the age of 33
The last time I was put on 50mg for 5 days and I was given 5 months worth last time.

It worked on round 2 last time.

This time I have been given 2 months worth. Same dose.
There is no reason for our infertility I am ovulating and my husband is fine, I think they felt last time it would give us more of a shot.
I have taken so long to try for a second due to the fact that my pelvis has metal work in it due to it dislocating in labour last time.
I would have to have a section at 8.5 months this time

Sparklyslippers Mon 26-Sep-16 15:01:05

I'm on 150mg clomid as that's the only dose that works for me. I had a progestrone of 100 last month but no pregnancy so I'm worried my tubs are blocked or something else is going on. I'm close to jacking it all in

Dizzybintess Tue 27-Sep-16 09:45:44

Have you had a hysteriosalpingogram?

What side effects have u guys had

Sparklyslippers Tue 27-Sep-16 11:32:01

Im having a hycosy on Thursday as i dont see the point of continuing with clomid if my tubes are blocked! I think its unlikely but i didnt think i had pcos either. If my tubes are blocked ill call it a day as i will feel like theres too much against me

wantingabud Tue 27-Sep-16 13:59:16

wishing you luck tomorrow @sparklyslippers
Don't give up hope smile

wantingabud Tue 27-Sep-16 14:01:12

ps I had follicle tracking earlier today and feeling a bit more positive again, I have x2 15mm eggs and my doctor thinks will ovulate on Saturday so has 'prescribed' Thurs/Sat/Mon BD and maybe even Wednesday....feel back in control again now...until the 2ww begins.
Baby dust and hope everyone is doing okay

Figroller Tue 27-Sep-16 18:01:50

I've just started on clomid this month. Been prescribed 6 months, but only get monitoring for the first month. Had a scan today and she said I look as though I will ovulate within next couple of days. So have to go back on Friday. I'm only on cd 5 so seems a bit early. The nurse also said this treatment has only become available under the pct over last couple of weeks so I'm really lucky. Only had to pay for the clomid prescription.

Good luck to everyone.

Dizzybintess Thu 29-Sep-16 23:50:29

I'm 5DPO today and had a little weird discharge today that could be IB fingers crossed

Figroller Sat 01-Oct-16 17:42:38

That's exciting Dizzy.

Have you planned when you will test?

Dizzybintess Sat 01-Oct-16 20:15:44

I will probably wait until the day before Af is due. I have been having cramps in my pelvis today.
How are you all doing

PurpleRainy Sat 01-Oct-16 20:19:58

I had a hycosy. Doc said not to ttc this month but didnt give us a reason why. Anyone know?😀

PurpleRainy Sat 01-Oct-16 20:23:36

Dizzy it sounds hopeful for you x

Dizzybintess Sat 01-Oct-16 20:47:29

I heard that your chance Is better after a hysteriosalpingogram
I ended up with a few kidney infections after mine

PurpleRainy Sat 01-Oct-16 20:52:12

Really Dizzy? Thats odd. Lots of private clinics and their websites say you can continue ttc and i dont want to miss a month x

Figroller Sat 01-Oct-16 21:18:08

I had the hycosy in June and was told to continue ttc purple.

I had another scan on friday. I'm on cd 8, she said she could see a big juicy egg! Told to dtd every other day from tonight and I have to go back Thursday for another scan.

PurpleRainy Sat 01-Oct-16 21:23:34

Sounds good fig. I had a 14mm on my left ovary she said it should pop in 5 to 7 days blush

GreyBird84 Sat 01-Oct-16 22:46:03

I fell pg on 2nd cycle of clomid 50mg & metformin 500mg. Currently 7 wks.
Fell pg with DC1 after HSG after tcc 2 years.
Was ttc 18months b4 this pregnancy.
I have PCOS syndrome but not the actual cysts.

Clomid gave me really hot flushes, mood swings & very painful ovulation. But all so very worth it!!

Good luck ladies.

PurpleRainy Mon 03-Oct-16 13:38:41

Hows everyone getting on?smile

Figroller Tue 04-Oct-16 16:49:11

Hi purple, I'm getting myself in a tizzy as to whether I ov'ed yet or not. I'm on cd 12 and not had a positive opk yet. Next scan is on Thursday, wish it was tomorrow.

How are you getting on purple? Any signs of ov yet?

PurpleRainy Tue 04-Oct-16 17:01:04

I got an almost positive opk today so expecting ovulation in next couple of days. If my follicle was 14mm on Thursday the doctor said it would take around a week to pop. We've continued ttc after hycosy I can't miss a month!

Figroller Tue 04-Oct-16 17:11:01

I don't blame you. Fingers crossed for you purple.

PurpleRainy Tue 04-Oct-16 18:31:16

Thanks fig. I hope it's not too risky ttc after hycosy but I can't find any evidence to the contrary! Good luck on Thursday x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now