Talk

Advanced search

Did you just know?

(9 Posts)
MrsM6 Sun 25-Sep-16 13:15:07

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to Mumsnet and I'm just wondering when you had your first baby or have started TTC. Did you just know when it was the right time or did you just go for it?

I've wanted a baby secretly for about a year now but I keep convincing myself I should wait till certain events are over but I'm thinking should I just go for it?

Replies welcome.

Thank you

dangle90 Sun 25-Sep-16 16:02:30

Hi Mrsm6, me and dp have decided to start ttc in December I feel you do just know but there's always going to be something you feel you should wait until after for. I recently wrote a post as dp's brother is getting married in Croatia in May so I was unsure wether to wait until after but we're just going to go for it and see what happens. Have you got anything in particular planned that's making you want to wait

MrsM6 Sun 25-Sep-16 18:04:12

Hi dangle90.

Thanks for your reply. Yes well we have a big holiday in February planned to Australia and I feel I want to get ahead at work however I just feel more and more lately I have this yearning to have a baby and now I'm thinking what am I actually waiting for and what's stopping me.

I dont know if I will just know when it's right or if I should just go for it. Exciting times.

Oh and good luck for December smile

Dazedandconfusedtoomuchpeppa Sun 25-Sep-16 18:12:36

First baby a happy accident but we just knew it was time to start TTC number 2. It just felt right. My age and also potential age gap between kids was also a deciding factor.

I would say just go for it! grin

cookielove Sun 25-Sep-16 18:12:57

Well I always wanted babies but dh was much more hesitant! We stopped using protection after we got married in Sept '12. We then we're a bit more proactive in the new year and fell pregnant in June! We lost the baby that Sept'13 (mmc) dh hated seeing me so upset and changed his mind about having a baby but we had an oops and a bfp in Jan'14. Ds was born in Aug'14 (prem)

I think if we hadn't had an oop's we most likely wouldn't be together now, we are ridiculously happy now so really glad little E is here! We are now thinking of ttc again but E is being a shit very trying so we change our minds frequently grin

So just go for it!

MouseLove Sun 25-Sep-16 18:22:22

Well it takes two to make a baby so while you may be ready your partner might not. Have the conversation with him. For me, get Australia out of the way first and then go at it. This will give you a great opportunity to get your body ready too. Start folic acid and vitamins and eat healthily as well as exercise. It's October next week. Before you know it we have Christmas on our doorstep and then your big trip. I would not compromise that with a pregnancy at this stage (long flight and heat could lead to a mc if you are already pregnant). So I personally would start TTC right after.

haveacupoftea Sun 25-Sep-16 18:23:50

When we turned 30 I think we realised it was something we ought to get moving on. Faced with a choice between having baby at an inconvenient time, or never having one because we left it too late - we chose to ttc.

Barefootcontessa84 Sun 25-Sep-16 18:26:17

It'll never be 100% 'right' and there's is always always something you can come up with as a reason to defer. I'd say just go for it!

MrsM6 Sun 25-Sep-16 20:42:35

Thanks everyone.

Yes mouse love very true. My other half has been desperate for many years for kids so I'm lucky in that respect.

I think there might always be a reason. I'm tempted to go for it.

Thanks everyone X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now