Talk

Advanced search

Ttc 3, pregnant on first try - in shock.

(6 Posts)
orangeistheonlyfruit Sun 25-Sep-16 09:37:37

So I'm due on on Tuesday and had implantation bleeding yesterday, all stopped today. The dates all add up. I know what the test is going to say as this is literally identical to my first 2 pregnancies.

I'm a bit shocked. Started now, thinking it may take a while... may not be successful at all.... and here I am.

Anyone else feeling the same?

CatpainBlackUdder Sun 25-Sep-16 09:55:58

Hello, when are you going to do a test? Fingers crossed for you.

I had to come on here (and namechange!) to tell someone I'M PREGNANT!! Can't bloody believe it. This will be number 3. We have a boy and a girl and I'm 35. We weren't ttc and had finished having kids, so we thought! I did a test at 4.30am this morning as my nipples have been sensitive and sore for nearly a week, and my whole boobs were sore yesterday. I wasn't expecting a positive at all, I'm gobsmacked. Yay, and aargh all at the same time! Scared and excited.

orangeistheonlyfruit Sun 25-Sep-16 10:36:10

Congratulations cat! That's great news! smile

I have always been very fertile but I had heard lots about the decline in fertility etc so really thought we'd have to be at it for a while. I might test tomorrow but its like when we see the positive it's all very real then. Currently we have a very nice social lifestyle and go out lots and have lots of holidays and my career is going great, working towards another promotion! The pregnancy is very much wanted but I guess I thought I'd have a bit longer to adjust to what we were doing rather than it just happening. Sounds like I'm being ungrateful but I'm not at all, just shocked!

Scared and excited is definitely the term cat!

ahsan Sun 25-Sep-16 12:49:20

Hello orange, same happened to me in July had unprotected once and got pregnant. Was shocked smile

CatpainBlackUdder Mon 26-Sep-16 11:18:59

Thanks Orange. Doesn't sound ungrateful at all. Anyway 9 months is a long time, you could squeeze in another promotion by then, haha!

Congrats to you Ahsan.

I can't stop looking at the test. It's soooo positive! I was expecting negative, or at best a squinty is-it-or-isn't-it line. Might be twins LOOOOOOL! Just kidding, it was 5 weeks so it should've been a decent line I suppose, I'm just so surprised. Dh is really happy too. It's lovely having a little secret too. Both times previously everyone knew straight away on account of frequent unrelenting vomiting, haha - looking forward to that again, amongst other things! Am really happy though.

SweetMummy911 Mon 26-Sep-16 14:05:06

Thanks for starting this thread Orange and congratulations CaptainBlackUdder on your bfp result!! I'm in the same boat - DH and I have 2 beautiful children (boy & girl) but somehow decided we aren't done yet and have decided to TTC 3!!

The plan was to wait until Christmas for various reasons but we both got impatient and started this month! We agreed that we aren't going to stress over it like we did the first 2 times and just enjoy ourselves.

Stresses of work and organising 2 young children mean that I can hardly keep track of my cycle and last night we had unprotected sex. I checked my ovulation chart and my expected ovulation day is either today/tomorrow so I'm keeping fingers & toes crossed.

I'm the same as you Orange currently working towards a promotion at work - I feel a bit strange because I know that if I get a BFP I will be over the moon but equally if I get a BFN I won't be devastated and it will simply give me more time to work on my career and try again next month (and have a bit more fun in the meantime wink)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now