Talk

Advanced search

A could I be pregnant thread...

(6 Posts)
Eminybob Sun 25-Sep-16 08:53:42

I am ttc no 2 and had ruled myself out of the running this month as we only managed to have sex once, about a week before I ovulated, for various reasons.
In pretty sure when I ovulated as I get pain and had ewcm even though I didn't do a test.

Anyway, as we hadn't managed to have sex any more than that, I assumed this month was a loss and wrote it off.

However, my period was due yesterday and hasn't come... I have been getting a bit of cramping including a couple of sharp pains, which I remember getting with dc1.

Has anyone conceived having just had sex so long before ovulation? Or am I deluding myself?

Dazedandconfusedtoomuchpeppa Sun 25-Sep-16 16:00:10

Unless you ovulated earlier than you think, I would say it's very unlikely you are pregnant. I think even 5 days is pushing it a bit for sperm to survive and average is 3ish.

Hopefully you ovulated earlier and caught that egg though. Good luck flowers

CharminglyGawky Sun 25-Sep-16 16:49:37

I conceived on a month 'off' only had sex once and thought it was a bit too early to count... 24wks along now!

It is possible but without a test impossible to tell really. Good luck!

Eminybob Sun 25-Sep-16 17:49:31

Thank you for replying.
I have done a test. Bfn sad but.... I had been out for lunch and drunk 2 pints of black currant and soda so may try again tomorrow with fmu if no sign of period. Don't know why I'm suddenly so hopeful, I had already decided I wouldn't be this month!
Maybe because I am never late, I have short cycles, average of 25 days, so I'm on day 26 which is almost unheard of for me.

haveacupoftea Sun 25-Sep-16 17:54:05

We had sex once during fertile week and caught this month. You never know!

cookielove Sun 25-Sep-16 18:17:02

We were avoiding ttc and dtd 4 days before I had a + ovulation test. We caught with ds! shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now