Talk

Advanced search

First IUI today and worried about sperm count

(5 Posts)
junebug121 Fri 16-Sep-16 20:14:32

Hi all

Just looking for a bit of reassurance or some knowledgable input. We had our first IUI today and DH post-wash count was 4 million with 80% motility.

I didn't think anything of it at the time but now after doing some reading that appears to be quite low. Does anyone know whether it is?

I'm kind of disheartened because no one has ever said anything about this being an issue before.

Any advice gratefully received!

LeannRegs Mon 30-Jan-17 01:36:50

Hi junebug121! I'm curious to know did you pregnant?! My DH sperm count was 5 million post wash and that scares me as I know it's low. Wondering if you had success?!

EstelleRoberts Mon 30-Jan-17 02:26:41

Just butting in on this to let you know that I got pregnant on my third round of iui with a sperm sample that had only 1 million live sperm, post wash. I was convinced it must fail, given how low the count was. The result is now 18 months old! So don't give up hope. Fingers crossed for you.

LeannRegs Wed 01-Feb-17 01:23:24

Thank you for the response EstelleRoberts! That gives me so much hope! smile I have 7 more days left until I can test...The wait is dreadful!

EstelleRoberts Wed 01-Feb-17 17:46:15

I remember it well, Leann, it was agonising.

Really hoping it works out for you this time. My best tip would be to try and keep busy with fun, treaty stuff over the next week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now