Talk

Advanced search

Pregnancy symptoms but negative tests

(4 Posts)
starryvic Thu 08-Sep-16 14:34:57

Hi!

I'm quite new here and don't understand the abbreviations as yet so please bear with me. I am currently on implanon, but over the last week I have experienced a lot of pregnancy (?) symptoms including an increased sense of smell, headaches, sore breasts, vivid dreams, and slight nausea.

I have no idea of where I am in my cycle as I have been irregular since I started my periods, I usually have a period every 3-4 months. My last period was from 3rd - 9th August and I have had an unusual small bleed for a couple of days since then.

I have taken 3 pregnancy tests and all say negative but I just have a very strange feeling and would just like to hear anybody else's experiences or thoughts on this. I think I'm over analysing this whole situation!! If I'm not pregnant then what the bloody hell is up with me lol. Any help would be appreciated thank you xx

starryvic Thu 08-Sep-16 14:37:48

I forgot to add that I'm not sure if I've tested too early, as I have no idea of where I am in my cycle. Thank you xx

AliceScarlett Thu 08-Sep-16 16:32:09

Are you currently on hormonal contraception? Are you sexually active?

delilahbucket Thu 08-Sep-16 18:29:29

There is a small chance of pregnancy with implanon, as with any contraception, it is not 100% guaranteed. However, as you are not having periods, it has been doing its job to date as you aren't ovulating.
As I understand it, implanon is a progesterone based contraception. The "symptoms" you are experiencing are classic progesterone, and things that a lot of women experience every single month. If they really were pregnancy symptoms you would have a positive test.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now