Talk

Advanced search

Is it too early to have symptoms?

(7 Posts)
Nutfreepeanutter Tue 06-Sep-16 21:58:22

I'm thinking this is my body getting all its lovely hormones that the contraceptive implant blocked out but my friend and mil are due hiding hpts in the loo.
I've got 8/9days to af is due, I had it removed on the first cycle day this month too.
Currently I'm nauseous, my nipples are itchy, my back n lower stomach are painful/uncomfortable when laying down, exhausted but sleep isn't touching me, I'm convinced I can smell the neighbours farting and I'm about as emotionally stable as a wet tissue in a hurricane.
Oh and I pee like it's going out of fashion.
Only new things are the missing implant and folic acid.
Is it too soon to have a bun causing this or has anyone had this coming off of the implant?

Alibaba2 Tue 06-Sep-16 22:01:28

The neighbours farting grin

How many dpo are you?

physicskate Tue 06-Sep-16 22:12:21

The implant can really play with your hormones and cycles might not be 'normal' after its removal. So really the only way to know is with a test - if you've got enough hcg to have symptoms, you should have enough to detect in a test! Only the test can tell you for sure...

Nutfreepeanutter Tue 06-Sep-16 22:18:11

I'm not sure exactly, according to apps which I know aren't 100% I'll be roughly 7dpo.
My cycles were fairly normal for the last 6months of the implant, time wise anyway.
I thought being more than a week to af nothing would show yet on tests.

Alibaba I swear every part of my house smells different grin and it's not bloody pleasant confused

YourNewspaperIsShit Tue 06-Sep-16 22:18:44

I did get symptoms 7-8 days before AF was due in my last pregnancy but my boobs were more sore and achey than anything else, I'd say do a HPT and see what happens smile

Alibaba2 Tue 06-Sep-16 22:21:03

I guess it all depends how quickly the egg travels to your uterus and how quick implantation is. All variables so it's possible!

physicskate Wed 07-Sep-16 07:25:54

The implant works by suppressing ovulation, so you were not ovulating with the implant, which means just because you had bleeds regularly with it, your cycle might have changed - just be aware that it is a possibility that you may or may not have even ovulated yet... Or you may have ovulated a few days after the implant was removed... Which means you could be many more dpo than an app is telling you (the apps work off average and no one is average!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now