Talk

Advanced search

Misscarried just as best friends tells me shes pregnant...

(6 Posts)
robyn12345 Mon 05-Sep-16 20:37:00

So a few weeks back i was late on my period... 8days late i tested positive.. I misscarried a week later :-((
This week my best friend told me shes 12 weeks pregnant...
We always wanted to be pregnant together.. Now i just feel empty... I was disappointed by the miscarriage but was coming round to t just not being our time...now i feel worse!

Just needing a pick me up i think :-(

physicskate Mon 05-Sep-16 21:06:56

Hugs...

YourNewspaperIsShit Tue 06-Sep-16 07:20:12

My sister announced she was pregnant when I'd MC at 10weeks with a much wanted baby, she was too scared to tell me and to be honest it does make it hurt even more. You want to be happy for them but there's an overwhelming sadness the whole time. Fortunately for me I did get pregnant again 3 months later and once her baby was born I didn't have those feelings anymore. flowers For you

PonkAlert Tue 06-Sep-16 15:06:15

This is exactly what happened to me. I was on my way to see my best friend but started having a huge uncontrollable bleed on the way so diverted to the hospital. She was going to tell me about her pregnancy when I got there. I was 11 weeks, she was five so it would've been perfect, sharing mat leave, baby talk etc.

It was made more difficult by the fact that I struggled to conceive again - it took twenty months. I couldn't really be around her during her pregnancy, something I feel awful about now but she was very understanding. I had another, earlier miscarriage during her pregnancy too and it all just felt so cruel and unfair. But when I met my friend's baby all those feelings of jealousy melted away and I just loved seeing her.

I know it's easy for me to say but five years later it has all worked out fine. We eventually conceived naturally and now I'm pregnant with number two. I had some very dark days and it all seemed so bleak at times but we got there in the end. Look after yourself, I'm sure your friend will understand if you're reluctant to see her for a while.

Good luck flowers

MoonlightMojitos Tue 06-Sep-16 18:30:56

I'm sorry you're going through this and hope you have some good real life support around you. I had a mc in July and last week a friend announced her pregnancy on Facebook and I just crashed. I thought I was dealing with it ok until that shocker hit me, she's due same week I would have been. It's really not fair and it completely sucks but I just wanted to say I hope you're OK and there are lots of us in the same boat, it's so much more common than we realise. I really hope you get your BFP again soon.

robyn12345 Tue 06-Sep-16 21:09:55

Sorry to hear your other stories.. Its so hard... Ive misscarried before at 12 weeks. It was missed... I never bled, We found out at 12 w scan our baby had died at 8w. And for whatever reason my body had held on to it :-( heartbreaking! Luckily ive had two successful pregnanices since and have two gorgeous children. Ive totally came to terms with that first misscarriage. And completly get how common they are and that it is just luck and nothig you do or dont do etc. It Just makes its so much harder that its my best friend and weve talked about havig kids together. Im so ready for my third, i feel jealous and sad and i hate that i feel that way cos im made up for her at the same time. Such a mixture of emotions! Hopefully we'll concieve again in next few months :-/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now