5weeks pregnant bleeding

(8 Posts)
zants Fri 02-Sep-16 20:33:27

So im around 5 weeks pregnant and have just started light bleeding... :-( anyone experienced this... I dont have cramps or pain... Am i misscarrying!? Ive had two other children and never bled early like this :-( ive also had one misscarriage where lost baby at 8w but body didnt misscarry itself found out at scan 4 weeks later and needed a d n c to remove everything :-(

Opinions welcome

PotteringAlong Fri 02-Sep-16 20:34:59

There's simply no way of knowing. You're in a wait and see scenario I'm afraid flowers

dietborebingo Fri 02-Sep-16 20:40:40

I bled a few times at 5/6/7 weeks, the first time of which lasted for a week.

That pregnancy resulted in the 16 month old who won't go to sleep right now!

If the bleeding continues, contact your midwife or the nhs number to see what they recommend you do next.

neonrainbow Fri 02-Sep-16 20:50:14

I had a semi heavy bleed with no cramps or clots at about 8 weeks. I had a scan at the early pregnancy unit and it turned out to be an implantation bleed. They even showed me where it was on the scan. After a day or so the bleeding stopped but i had brown/pink discharge for about a week. Since then ive had no bleeding and have had 2 more scans which show everything is developing okay. I'm now 14 +2. Can you call your midwife or early pregnancy unit to see if they can reassure you?

DefinitelyNotRuth Fri 02-Sep-16 21:04:07

Could it be implantation bleeding. I had that at 5 weeks with DD1, but having had 4 MMC I panicked and went straight to the EPU. She is now a beautiful 2yo bossy knickers!
Fingers crossed for you x

Mybeardeddragonjustdied2016 Fri 02-Sep-16 21:07:35

Cramp with no bleeding is fine and bleeding with no cramp is fine. So I have been told is the general rule. I mc in June after having both together. But it is a waiting time - won't say game as it's anything but fun in the early stages.
Best of luck to you.

zants Fri 02-Sep-16 22:20:40

If u bleed in one pregnancy are u likely to bleed in another?! I think its cos i havnt bled before in other pregnancies and didnt even miscarry properly the last time (by that i mean my body didnt expell anything on its own even then! For want of a better word than 'properly') im more worried :-//

user1473686579 Mon 12-Sep-16 14:52:26

Hi Zants, hope all is ok following your bleeding? I'm 6+2 after 2nd round of IVf with our much longed for 1st baby. Had light bleeding at end of last week so had a scan on Friday at 5+6 which showed a heartbeat - PHEW! Woke up this morning with PJ's soaked in blood & then passed a large clot about 1inch long. Been to hospital for another scan, heartbeat & bay still there but they can now see a small bleed on the edge of the sack which could stop or which could result in miscarriage. I've left hospital feeling relieved for the good news that our baby is still with me but feel like it's only for now and looking for some positive stories from anyone with similar experiences?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now