Talk

Advanced search

Am I broken??

(20 Posts)
CinnabarMoth1 Thu 01-Sep-16 18:44:53

TTC #1
Cycle 2 after ovranette
CD 19

I've been trying OPKs this month and have had absolutely no second line whatsoever. Also no jump in BBT. Been OPK testing since CD 6 and getting worried! Could I have missed a surge or am I not ovulating?

I KNOW it's early days... Just after a bit of reassurance!

MagicStarz6 Thu 01-Sep-16 18:59:39

When did you start testing?

CinnabarMoth1 Thu 01-Sep-16 19:05:02

CD 6 - just this cycle.

MoonlightMojitos Thu 01-Sep-16 19:05:26

She's put testing since cd6 ^

How long was your first cycle op?

Have you not had even a feint line? Surge can come and go so quickly you might have missed it if testing once a day. Or you might not have ovd yet.

MoonlightMojitos Thu 01-Sep-16 19:05:48

Posted same time lol

mamarach26 Thu 01-Sep-16 19:09:07

I'm the same!
I made a post about it before! This is all I get, are you the same?

CinnabarMoth1 Thu 01-Sep-16 19:10:52

First cycle was 31 days - I wasn't insanely BBT checking or anything in cycle 1 but I think I had EWCM on day 18! Not had that yet this cycle. Should I be POAS more than once a day? Definitely no line at all! Wah!

CinnabarMoth1 Thu 01-Sep-16 19:12:27

Hi Mamarach! I'm using cheap ones from the Internet. I can see a faint line on yours, mine has nothing, not a sausage sad

mamarach26 Thu 01-Sep-16 19:19:13

The faint line is a negative! I feel your pain, I got pregnant so quick first time! This is my second time trying, I had a early miscarriage last month too.
We will get there in the end. X

CinnabarMoth1 Thu 01-Sep-16 19:22:10

Sorry to hear about your MC flowers - how many cycles have you been trying for?

I just want confirmation that my body is working how it should and that 11 years on the pill haven't messed me up like my DM said it would!

mamarach26 Thu 01-Sep-16 19:25:47

Cycle 2 now, the best thing to do is visit your GP if you haven't already. Just for your own peace of mind! X

Mybeardeddragonjustdied2016 Thu 01-Sep-16 19:26:22

I used the cheap strips. Tested 2pm and 10pm from day 10 with a 26 day cycle and caught the positive every month.

CinnabarMoth1 Thu 01-Sep-16 19:29:20

Thanks both - will my GP see me before we've been trying for a year or will they just tell me to go away?

Not sure I could manage testing twice a day - would be awkward at work - but that reassures me that I might have missed it this month smile

fuzzywuzzy Thu 01-Sep-16 19:29:30

Weirdly for me I get positive opk's in the evening, I only discovered this when I tried an opk late one evening after nothing in the morning. Try taking opk's later in the day too, and it is still early I have an eleven day luteal phase so ov late mid cycle.

I hope it happens for you soon. xx

passingthrough1 Thu 01-Sep-16 19:32:23

I did about 20 OPKs the first cycle I was TTC and never even got faint lines! I still conceived though that cycle (and have the baby to show for it). As far as I understand you could get a positive some part of the day and negative others and you have to wait a while to pee .. I don't know, for whatever reason I couldn't test at that right moment and it completely scared me.

CinnabarMoth1 Thu 01-Sep-16 19:33:22

Thanks Fuzzy! I've been testing around 8pm (my 'just got home from work' wee) but might try later and see what happens. You're right it is still early (ish) - but I've done mad googling and am becoming more and more scared I might have a problematically short LP... I am very neurotic...

CinnabarMoth1 Thu 01-Sep-16 19:34:19

Ah thanks passingthrough - there is hope then smile

eurochick Thu 01-Sep-16 19:35:08

Honestly, please try to relax! It is very early days. It is unlikely the GP will do anything until you have been off contraception for a year.

CinnabarMoth1 Thu 01-Sep-16 19:37:56

Thanks eurochic I will try! I know I'm totally my own worst enemy... But the answers here have already helped me relax massively. Thanks everyone!

fuzzywuzzy Thu 01-Sep-16 19:44:05

Cinnabar I had luteal phase of nine days but started taking vitamin b complex after ov and now my luteal phase is eleven days which I think is fine to get pregnant.

Try not to worry, keep an eye on your cycle if you are concerned about anything I would go straight to gp at least to get tests done to see if you're ovulating etc. It might be worth getting an appointment and finding out what they offer anyway & to get your gp's opinion.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now