Shall I cancel blood tests?

(4 Posts)
KellyBoo800 Tue 30-Aug-16 18:00:36

TTC since December and my wonderful GP has suggested we start testing for fertility problems now so that if I have not conceived by December he can start me on treatment straight away. I'm only 25 and have never been pregnant.

Period technically due tomorrow but my luteal phase varies from 7-11 days and it looks as though I ovulated late on CD23 this month, im currently 5dpo which means my period could come on Thursday (just ahead of my CD1-5 blood test on Friday morning) or later.

My GP surgery only do blood tests on Wednesday or Friday mornings so I'm worried that if I cancel Fridays appointment and then period arrives later that day, I won't get a chance to re-schedule for this cycle. My appointment is 8am Friday morning so I need to make a decision by about 4pm Thursday so I have time to cancel.

Any advice?

Mooey89 Tue 30-Aug-16 18:06:31

Why would you cancel? Am I missing something?

KellyBoo800 Tue 30-Aug-16 18:22:05

Sorry should have specified - because I ovulated late, it looks like my period is unlikely to come until (possibly days) after the blood test is scheduled for - and the test needs to be between 1st and 5th day of my cycle.

KellyBoo800 Tue 30-Aug-16 18:23:26

But knowing my luck I will cancel it on thursday and then my period will turn up Thursday night and I won't have time to reschedule it for this cycle!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now