Talk

Advanced search

Questions for those who use Clearblue OPKs

(16 Posts)
SallyMischievo Sat 27-Aug-16 20:29:49

Please can I ask a couple of questions? It is my first cycle of using Clearblue OPKs and today I got my first flashing smiley face, (CD10).
Firstly, how many days of flashing smileys do you tend to get before a static one?
And secondly, should you DTD on every flashing and every static day?!
Many thanks for any advice!

Monkeyandthebear Sat 27-Aug-16 21:18:56

Hey, I don't have the answer to your questions but we are clearly at the same point as this is my first try at opk and got a flashing smiley this morning. Fingers crossed for us both! smile

SallyMischievo Sat 27-Aug-16 21:56:46

Thank you, Monkey! Wishing you the best of luck too! Can I ask if you are planning to DTD every day on your flashing smiley face days? I have read that it is usual to get a few days of flashing smiley faces before a static one and am not sure if I want to tire DP out! :-)

FuzzyOwl Sat 27-Aug-16 22:08:08

I have had them for nine days before. I decided ten days would be the cut off and have never gone over that. I'd advise every other day of flashing smiles (or one in three if it starts to go on for ages) then both days of the static smile (don't waste a test after you get the first one) and then also the day after.

SallyMischievo Sun 28-Aug-16 07:09:49

Thank you for the advice - that level of DTD sounds a bit more manageable! smile Second flashing smiley this morning. Very much hoping that I might be lucky enough to only have two or three flashing ones before a static one - these things are SO expensive!

FuzzyOwl Sun 28-Aug-16 19:35:45

They are ridiculously expensive but my DC and bump are proof of them working for me.

Good luck.

stripes416 Sun 28-Aug-16 20:02:56

I did a test a few days ago in the morning and had a flashing face then took another one around dinner time and got a static face. Not sure if that's the right thing to do really but I'm so used to doing a couple tests in the day with Internet cheapies (an expensive way to do it though with clear blue!)

MrsGsnow18 Sun 28-Aug-16 20:13:07

I've never gotten a flashing smiley so I'm not much help to you. I have gotten static smiley though and had sex that day then and day after as ovulation is most likely 12-48 hrs after I think.
I would say have sex every other day when flashing and keep testing for static

SallyMischievo Mon 29-Aug-16 12:58:32

Thank you for your advice and good wishes, ladies. Third flashing smile this morning. Hoping for a static one soon!

Monkeyandthebear Tue 30-Aug-16 18:14:36

sally any sign of a static face? I have had flashing smiley everyday for past 4 and no sign of a static one. Parents have gone home now so going to get on with dtd and not stressing about exactly what day we should.

SallyMischievo Tue 30-Aug-16 20:59:45

Same here, Monkey - four days of flashing smiles. I will keep everything crossed that we both get static ones tomorrow!

SallyMischievo Wed 31-Aug-16 08:01:30

Hurrah! A static smile this morning on day 5 of testing and CD14. Hope you have got one too, Monkey?

Monkeyandthebear Wed 31-Aug-16 08:12:36

Not this morning sally sad My test yesterday morning didn't work so maybe I have missed it. Will try again tonight and see what happens but still a flashing face at the moment. Good luck with your static face smile

SallyMischievo Wed 31-Aug-16 08:15:13

Sorry to hear that. Will keep everything crossed that you get yours tomorrow!

Popskipiekin Wed 31-Aug-16 08:19:35

Clear blue opks worked ttc1 first time for us - just like they were supposed to. Lovely, job done. Ttc2 however they were all over the shop, flashing for 6-10 days at a time, giving me two surges in a month, and we tried for many cycles, very expensive and depressing. In the end, just as I was diacussing going private for ivf...I jacked them in totally and we just had sex every other day from the last day of my period to the very end of that cycle. That cycle we conceived smile stupid, should have done it earlier!
So - just coming on to say, they are great when they do work but clearly have some quirks and don't stop dtd regularly in your cycle just because the sticks say you're not yet fertile. Previous cycles we had done it every other day but stopped after when I was supposed to have ovulated, but it occurred I might be ovulating far later in the month but opks not picking up on this - and it seems I was. Good luck! flowers

SallyMischievo Thu 01-Sep-16 08:15:46

Thank you so much for the advice, Pops. We are lucky enough to already have one DD, it took 10 cycles to conceive her. We tried just DTD frequently and hoping for the best initially but started using OPKs on cycle 7 when I had no luck getting pregnant. Not sure which way forward is best this time around! As we discovered when TTC before, DTD every day, or even every other day, for months on end requires a lot of stamina...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now