Talk

Advanced search

Getting pregnant with PCOS ...advice needed...

(2 Posts)
kellers Thu 25-Aug-16 22:43:33

Hello!

So about 3 years ago I was diagnosed with PCOS because I was having periods too frequently and too long in duration (lasting at least 3 weeks with maybe 5 days break inbetween). At that point I wasn't given anything to keep it under control or regulate the bleeding.

So I get to the point where I am now 3 years down the line that my periods are totally bonkers and actually I am just constantly on a really heavy period which I've been on for 4 months now. My doctor put me on Micronor (Norethisterone) to try and stem the bleeding but it's actually just made it even worse.

I've been married for just over a year now and within the next year me and my DH are going to want to start trying to have a baby which is going to be really difficult if this continues. Has anyone been in a similar situation and have any ideas what else I could try?

Any advice from anyone that has PCOS in getting pregnant/regulating periods would be really appreciated!

AmyC86 Fri 26-Aug-16 00:01:24

Join us on pcos periods or lack of .... there's loads of information on there xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now