Talk

Advanced search

TTC #1, period cramp, no real blood, bit freaked out - help?

(5 Posts)
TheProblemOfSusan Wed 24-Aug-16 22:57:56

Hello everyone

TMI warning further down!

I'm a bit of a newbie here - we're on cycle 4 trying to conceive a first child, and I'm a day overdue for my period. I am extremely regular - to the point that I've booked holidays a year in advance to avoid my period and it's been spot on.

I did a First Response test last night and got a negative. (Then fished it out of the bin an hour or so later and convinced myself there was a very faint line, but am possibly not a reliable witness, so hard to tell.) Today it started to feel like my period was coming towards 5pm ish, but all I've had since then is cramps, not bad like I usually get but definitely there, and small pink amounts of blood and a bit of mucousyness. This is really unusual for me.

I've been tracking temperatures and over the last four days I've been one degree down from my luteal phase normal, then two degrees up, then one degree down for the next two days.

Basically I have no idea what's going on and I suspect the only way to find out is to wait and POAS but - is this cramping/spotting when a period is due a possible pregnancy thing? Is there no baby but have we broken me by having unprotected sex????? I hear that can cause Terrible Things.

Help/advice/talking me off the ceiling would all be appreciated.

physicskate Thu 25-Aug-16 10:16:01

I am sure you will get answers in the next few days - we all just have to be patient.

The spotting could be implantation perhaps? The individual variation in temps probably doesn't mean much, but are you sure it varies by a whole degree??

I've heard about those Terrible Things too!!

delilahbucket Thu 25-Aug-16 13:01:10

You are best off testing first thing in the morning for accuracy. If your temperature has dropped by a whole degree it is likely your period is due very soon. How long have you been temping for? I have had pink spotting before af a few times so this isn't necessarily a pregnancy symptom. Even the most regular cycles can go a bit off some times. Late ovulation can be caused by a whole host of things and this in turn will delay your period.

haveacupoftea Thu 25-Aug-16 13:52:17

Hey i am in a similar boat. AF due today. Last night i was checking CP, low and hard with tiny bit of bloodish cm. Obv thought AF is here. But today no AF, cervix has gone up again and lots of clear watery cm.

Not sure what is going on but i really really hope AF stays away!

TheProblemOfSusan Thu 25-Aug-16 18:27:40

Thank you for looking at this everyone - I was on the ceiling with anxiety last night because the cramps and stuff were so weird for me, but this afternoon my period arrived feeling quite as usual. So not pregnant, BOO, but also not horribly broken either.

I didn't realise that late ovulation would make my period later, thank you for pointing that out Deliliah - I'll not get so upset next time. I've been charting for roughly 6 months and previously to that just noting periods for a long time, and I am SUPER regular so this just completely freaked me out.

And I am a bit of a spoon - I meant tenth of a degree, not a whole degree!! If that was the case then earlier in the month I think I would have needed hospitalising with hypothermia :D

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now