Talk

Advanced search

Conception confusion

(5 Posts)
user1472039753 Wed 24-Aug-16 13:11:54

Hi all.
recently re-married and keen to have a child together. Between us i have DD6 and 9 and he has 7 yr old twins (ivf).
Read on other sites about ovulation kits/tests - i have calculated my fertile dates from an on line calculator - just wondering how accurate they are and how many of you use the tests too?
Had the coil removed 12 weeks ago and this is our second month of TTC. Regualar periods for the past 2 months, 28 days on the dot. Fell pregnant within first few months with other children, but worried sick that i have left it too late for another as i am now 34. I know in the grant scheme of things two months is not long to have been trying but becoming obsessed lol

Jen x

RachTom19 Wed 24-Aug-16 13:16:21

Hi Jen. I used ovulation tests for a couple of months just to confirm what I thought I already knew. I can't hurt right!?

As for being too old, my lovely sister in law just had a beautiful boy on her first time trying at 34 so hang in there!!

physicskate Wed 24-Aug-16 13:35:40

If you have a regular cycle, it is likely you ovulate on the same cycle day every cycle... So using a kit for a month to figure out what day that is could help you pinpoint.

However, having sex every other day throughout will cover all your bases anyway and it won't matter what day you ov!

Oysterbabe Wed 24-Aug-16 13:36:37

I got pregnant with my DD at 34 after 5 months of trying. I think 9 months is average.
I assume the IVF was required because she had a fertility issue and his sperm was OK?

user1472039753 Wed 24-Aug-16 14:03:41

Thanks for the replies, will buy some tests just so i cover all bases - i presume even the cheapy ones will do the trick?

As for the IVF, it was mainly an issue on her side, but hubbie was told he had lazy sperm - this does consern me.
We kid of said what will be, will be - but now we are seriously trying it's hard not to become obsessed.
x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now