Talk

Advanced search

Breast pain location theory- anything in it?

(9 Posts)
Bloopbleep Mon 22-Aug-16 22:18:47

I've been getting very tender and painful breasts post ovulation for the LP since I had a miscarriage last January. I also apparently have only ovulated twice this year. I hadn't had sore breasts since I was much younger or when pregnant with my Dd so this was an unwelcome return. It's only in the latter stage of my reasonably regular cycle.

I've been reading that the location of the pain can tell you something about the hormone causing the pain but it seems so... old wives tale. I haven't found anything reputable regarding this theory.

According to the theory pain at the sides of the breasts is due to rising or high progesterone after ovulation but that painful nipples and pain at the front/top is due to excessive estrogen. I'm not sure how a few millimetres of difference in pain location can relate to a particular hormone of lack thereof.

Is this just ttc woo spouted by wishful thinkers or is there really something in it?

Bloopbleep Tue 23-Aug-16 21:54:38

Anyone? Am I the only one who wonders about this stuff?

haveacupoftea Tue 23-Aug-16 22:52:18

Mine get sore underneath! Wonder what that means?

Bloopbleep Wed 24-Aug-16 09:51:53

Probably that the theory is shit?

Alibaba2 Fri 26-Aug-16 19:56:33

Hi Bloop,

I'm the other way round. I used to get sore boobs but since-MC I don't.

Swap?

Bloopbleep Fri 26-Aug-16 23:11:10

Happily alibaba -mine are huge and my arms bash off them when I walk. Happy to give at least half of each away

Alibaba2 Sat 27-Aug-16 08:40:26

Ok you have a deal smile

I miss my big, sore boobs! Now they are saggy and don't feel very fertile confused

Bloopbleep Sat 27-Aug-16 11:00:00

In afraid not much fertility came with these boobs sad
They're not yet at a holding a pencil stage tho so minimal sag...

Icky871 Sun 04-Sep-16 20:45:37

I am getting pains on the top 😭

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now