bloody thyroid!

(10 Posts)
SparklySlippers Mon 22-Aug-16 16:47:50

I went to a private clinic last week and have just received my letter. I have pcos but apparently my TSH is too high at 2.7! Has anyone else had this? If this is the cause of most of my issues and hasnt been addressed god help them!

user1471874092 Mon 22-Aug-16 17:05:39

NHS says deal TSH level is 0.27 - 4.20

but if you are TTC then you want it to be less than 3.5 but ideally between 1-2

They will probably prescribe Levothyroxine to you to lower your TSH

SparklySlippers Mon 22-Aug-16 17:33:05

It just looks like something else to contend with. Im not sure i can be bothered if im honest

SparklySlippers Mon 22-Aug-16 22:04:31

I spent my 30th crying about being infertile. I've spent many weekends crying about it, I've cancelled going places as I can't bear the questions, I cancelled me birthday party. Is all this really worth it?

givingitago85 Tue 23-Aug-16 02:48:02

Sparkly TTC is hard enough without issues with thyroid. After almost 6 months and lots of changes with doses of meds mine is now stable. It's is really really hard and frustrating to feel blocked at every TTC opportunity! But you will get there.

TMI26 Sat 27-Aug-16 16:08:58

Thyroid effects everything, was diagnosed 6 months ago after TTC for almost a year at 7, there is a lack of understanding around thyroid generally, my levels are still not balanced, my latest diagnoses was 3.75, the drs tell me this was okay but everywhere I researched tells me you should be under 2 if trying to conceive, I have increased my dose to 75mg p/d and I'll test again in a few months hoping I will eventually get some stability!

SparklySlippers Sat 27-Aug-16 17:56:00

My tsh is now 1.4! No idea why thats happened but i assume the thyroid isnt an issue now?

TMI26 Sat 27-Aug-16 18:47:32

That sounds positive! Did it reduce by medication or naturally?

Bee182814 Sat 27-Aug-16 18:55:36

You could have hashimotos disease where the body attacks the thyroid gland so the readings fluctuate wildly. It's possible its a bit of a red herring. I was diagnosed with hashimotos last June, told I would struggle to conceive again (I hadn't had periods for nearly two years at that point) found out I was pregnant (despite no periods and not taking thyroxine) in Jan. 3 days overdue now. Keep going back to gp. It took me ages to get a proper diagnosis as my symptoms were foe overactive but I was coming up as underactive!

SparklySlippers Sat 27-Aug-16 22:42:27

Thanks I've lost weight recently although I didn't need to. I hope I've not got hashitmotos and it was a red herring!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now