Talk

Advanced search

Sorry to be on a downer but do you ever think this just isn't going to happen?

(8 Posts)
SparklySlippers Fri 19-Aug-16 21:47:43

I'm pcos. Being trying for one year and started clomid which looks like it isn't working. I don't know I just have a feeling this isn't going to happen for me. People call me the witch as I'm a bit pyschic and intuitive and I just can't see kids for me x

YorkieDorkie Fri 19-Aug-16 22:02:46

Could you just be clouded in some negativity because of your condition? Our futures change all the time because of decisions we make and events that happen! People think I affect fertility because a few of my friends have conceived after talking to me about their conception "woes". grin I like to think maybe it's my superpower!

Remember, it can take up to two years for a couple with no issues to conceive naturally!

Tell me about DP...

SparklySlippers Fri 19-Aug-16 22:53:57

DH Has no fertility issues. Lucky him lol.

haveacupoftea Fri 19-Aug-16 23:03:19

I have one ovary and one tube and I worry it'll never happen. Stories of people who conceived easily with the same condition only makes it worse. And i worry that dp will leave me for someone who can give him babies.

It used to cause more problems that it does now though. I've come around to the idea after a few years.

SparklySlippers Fri 19-Aug-16 23:12:05

I dont think dh would leave. I dont even know if i want kids at the mohmm

delilahbucket Sat 20-Aug-16 11:31:46

Cycle 16 for us. We've been told we won't conceive without icsi (dp has antisperm antibodies) although that isn't necessarily true, the hospital just want our money I think. We haven't got £5k lying around and apparently I'm running out of eggs already so we're on a time limit. We're trying a last ditch attempt over the next few months and will reassess after Christmas. I'm on coq10 and dp on Wellman to see if that helps. When af turns up each time I feel devastated. After the fertility diagnosis I have felt like I've been grieving for something we will never have.

SparklySlippers Sat 20-Aug-16 13:54:50

Delilah god love you x. I just try to be positive I'm not typical pcos I'm slim with no spots. I'm still youngish (30) but it's hard I feel like cutting myself off from people because of it. I can't bear telling my parents as they're desperate for grand kids and my mum will tell people aswell. It just seems like on thing after another. I met DH at work and got workplace harassment from a female colleague because of it and i just think how happy that horrible woman would be if she knew I was inferile. I know that's long gone but I still think about how delighted some people would be if they knew

delilahbucket Sat 20-Aug-16 15:40:37

Thanks Sparkly. I know exactly what you mean, I've distances myself too. I can talk to my step mum and my very close family know as does DP's mum (told him he had to tell her as I was sick of the constant hints she was dropping about babies). I have cut myself off from a lot of people. One of my friends knows a lot about what we're going through but her answer has always been either "well, maybe if you stress less..." or "you need to go out and get pissed and it will happen..." or "just forget about it and it will happen..." Don't think she realises none of these will cure DP's sperm issue or make me have more eggs! Bit then she's got four kids and got pregnant at the drop of a hat each time. I don't really speak to her much at the moment.
30 is young so you still have time on your side. I'm 31 and hoped I would have time on my side but obviously not! I spent so long getting my shit together to be ready to have a baby I seem to have wasted my fertile years away.
I do have a son from a previous relationship who is 8. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be without him, but the relationship with his dad was Hell and I wanted better circumstances for having a child. I've been with dp for five years and we worked on getting the house and making sure our jobs were stable before we considered kids. He's not got any children so it's a big blow to him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now