Talk

Advanced search

Clomid Mistake

(5 Posts)
BlueBelle81 Tue 16-Aug-16 16:54:49

I'd be very grateful for any help and/or advice.

I am meant to be starting my second month of Clomid. I thought my period had started early so I took the first installment yesterday (on what I thought was day 2); now I think it was a false alarm and just very heavy spotting as it's stopped entirely.

Should I keep taking the Clomid or stop and start again when my period comes for real?

I haven't been able to speak to any of the nurses at the assisted conception unit and I'm a bit of a mess. I don't want to lose another month!

I'd be very grateful for any help anyone can give me!

sheikhandbake Tue 16-Aug-16 17:44:49

As a first step until you can speak to the nurses would it be worth taking a pregnancy test to just double check that you aren't pregnant? (although almost feel bad suggesting it as I'm on month 3 of clomid and HATE taking pregnancy tests, I always feel so deflated after taking one sad )

BlueBelle81 Tue 16-Aug-16 20:12:26

Thanks Sheikh. I took a test before taking the pill and it was negative. I just really don't know whether to take the second pill tonight or not.
I'm getting more and more discouraged as I took Clomid for a month and was told to abstain because I had 5 follicles when scanned. Then told not to take it the following month as I was on holiday when they'd want to scan me and now this. It just feels like we're never going to get off the ground.
I was so hopeful when I took the first pill and that didn't last long!

WilliamScottsOrange Tue 16-Aug-16 20:21:00

How early is your period? or what you thought was your period?

can you speak to someone tomorrow morning? I think it would be fine to delay the tablet by 24 hours. You might even have started your period properly then.

BlueBelle81 Tue 16-Aug-16 22:01:28

I'm not due until Saturday. It was stupid mistake to make really.
I'll try the clinic first thing in the morning. Hopefully no harm done : (

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now