Talk

Advanced search

Climid - How many follicles did you have?

(4 Posts)
sheikhandbake Tue 16-Aug-16 16:14:22

So for my first and second round of Clomid I was taking 50mg and only had one developed follicle per cycle (although it they have been in the healthy 19/20mm range).

I'm now on my last day of round three where the dose has been upped to 100mg and I'm back at the clinic on Monday for a scan - should I expect there to be more than one follicle this month?

I'm a bit worried that its unusual for there to be just one follicle as it means there are less opportunities for us to be successful each month and obviously there is a time limit on how log you can take Clomid for.

sheikhandbake Tue 16-Aug-16 16:15:13

Damn autocorrect - CLOMID!

YouBoggleMyMind Tue 16-Aug-16 19:31:27

On 150mg clomid and metformin I had 1 follicle on cd19.

I did a further 150mg clomid and metformin and had 3 follicles on cd13. They told me to abandon the cycle due to risk of triplets.

I'm waiting to start another round of the same.

All you need is 1 but you might find an increase of you're upping your clomid dose.

YouBoggleMyMind Tue 16-Aug-16 19:33:18

A woman with no issues will usually have 1 dominant follicle and release 1 egg each month. Your chance is just the same as everyone else's. Think it's around 25%.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now