Talk

Advanced search

I'm going crazy :(

(11 Posts)
Hurricane99 Tue 09-Aug-16 08:41:12

Quick background. TTC #1. Was on depo injection for 5 years, came off it in October 15, with the effects to start wearing off in New Year - so strictly speaking been off it for 7 months.

No periods until early March, then 2-3 months of frequent fortnightly periods. June was a 22 day cycle, July was a 26 day cycle. Last period ended on 12 July.

Around May I started to get signs on OPK that I was beginning to ovulate. In July I used CB digital and got a proper positive (peak day 25 July).

I'm also temping. I had a clear dip on 26 July then it went up. So think I ovulated on 26/27 July. That makes me approx 13/14 dpo.

My temp is still high, my AF hasn't come and I'm now on cd 31.

I've took One Step pregnancy tests 11 and 12 dpo, both negative. I skipped a day and took one this morning (I think 14 dpo) and it basically seems negative. However I sometimes thought I could seek the faintest line, but other times not. It's a One Step sensitive test, so should pick up early hormones but not seeing anything encouraging so far. Husband is emphatic he sees nothing.

This is driving me crazy. Given that my AF have been consistently short since coming off the injection, cd 31 feels pretty overdue (although perhaps I'm not getting back to normal and now the injection is just messing with me in the other direction). Assuming the 26 day cycle, then I'm about 5 days overdue.

It's so cruel. Surely I should either get a positive test by now or my AF? This no mans land is horrible sad

I'm trying to stay rational, but the longer I go without AF, my hopes are getting raised and then dashed again by the tests. I don't feel like I'm going to get my AF, I've had twinges but nothing like period pains and no PMT, in fact I've been in a surprisingly great mood all week long. My nipples were sore for a very extended amount of time after ovulation (about 10 days) by that's eased off now.

Help! What do I do? Do I just stay patient? Is it possible my hormone levels just aren't high enough yet? Or should I have had a positive pregnancy test by now? Should I try a First Response test?

I can't keep hallucinating lines like this, it's going to drive me insane.

Rubberduck2 Tue 09-Aug-16 08:46:47

Ditch one step and go and get yourself a FRER.

One steps are very hit and miss. Even when you're late. I did one after a 6 week scan with a hb as I was sure the packet of tests I received was faulty and the line was a squinter.

FRER will tell you pretty clearly.

You're not out of the game yet! Report back!!

Rubberduck2 Tue 09-Aug-16 08:47:28

Also have you got a picture of your one step? If so stick it on here!

Hurricane99 Tue 09-Aug-16 09:01:03

Ok thanks, I was thinking I should get a FRER. I might skip another day though, and do it on Thursday. I'm not sure I can face an more squinting at sticks!

I'm on my way to work now and the stick is at home, but I'm not sure there's much point in posting a pic. I don't think you'd see anything. I could only see it in direct sunlight and even then, I'm not in any way sure it was actually there! It almost looked like a white line, so I wonder if I just managed to see the area on the stick which normally reacts, rather than the reaction itself.

Obsessedalready Tue 09-Aug-16 09:14:17

You are not out till AF shows!

As I understand it at 14dpo the normal range of hgc for a viable pregnancy is something like 4-400. The tests (including frer) accurately measure 25 I think. I think 18dpo is when the minimum hgc gets above 25 so conceivably you could get negative tests even on frer's up to 2 and 1/2 weeks after ovulation is confirmed and still be pregnant.

Basically wait another 4 days and if you haven't got a +ve test AF will probably arrive.

McBaby Tue 09-Aug-16 09:33:28

One step are awful and no where as sensitive as they suggest I had definate positive tests on frer and nothing on one step.

Hurricane99 Tue 09-Aug-16 13:14:07

Just went to the toilet and have very very light spotting, thin and pale pink. It could be implantation bleeding, but obviously could also be the start of my period (although I normal come on first thing in the morning, pretty heavy with dark blood).

I'm not sure I can take much more of this uncertainty. It's doing my head in sad

Hurricane99 Tue 09-Aug-16 13:36:42

I think it might be too late to be implantation bleeding?

Supposed to happen 6-12 dpo, this is day 14.

Supposed to happen a few days before period is due, I'm a day or two late.

Rubberduck2 Tue 09-Aug-16 17:21:43

I agree on it being too late for implantation - that said you never know. You don't usually start producing hcg until after implantation.

See what happens tomorrow morning, then if no AF test with FRER. Good luck. flowers

Hurricane99 Wed 10-Aug-16 08:19:08

Well I'm still a bit baffled. The bleeding got heavier, and I'm now 80% sure it's AF. However, having researched it there is still the possibility of implantation or deciduous bleeding. I think unlikely, but not impossible.

The main reason I'm still questioning things is that this doesn't feel like a normal period. Firstly, I have no cramps, where as I've had terrible cramps recently. I've had no PMT. and mostly weirdly, I did not have a temperature drop this morning (my temp normally plummets at least 0.5C).

So gut feeling says AF, but enough odd things that I'll probably take another test before the end of the week just to double check confused

Rubberduck2 Wed 10-Aug-16 19:16:28

Please do - I need to know the outcome now.

Got everything crossed for you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now