Is this a positive ovulation test?

(8 Posts)
Beautifulstorm Thu 04-Aug-16 13:45:51

Been tracking my ovulation and this is the darkest the line got. The day after this I was so busy I didn't get chance to test at all so the next time I tested the strips showed no line really at all. It started off initially as a faint line then over the course of a few days as I tested the lines became darker and darker. Then back to barely a line at all. Is this positive, or close and I missed the surge? Thanks

physicskate Thu 04-Aug-16 15:16:31

Mine looks like that the day before positive... So it might have been the day you missed testing. Bear in mind that without temping, you can't confirm that you actually ovulated. Also you can ovulate any time up to 48 hours after the positive, so getting a positive does not mean it's too late for dtd to lead to pregnancy, though swimmers up there already have a shout too!!

Oh this is difficult and confusing business!

MmmMalbec Thu 04-Aug-16 17:33:30

Definitely not positive sorry!

MmmMalbec Thu 04-Aug-16 17:34:26

It might well be that the day you didn't test you would have got your positive. I've read some women having positives in the morning and negative by afternoon etc too so that might have been the case for you.

Beautifulstorm Thu 04-Aug-16 20:10:26

Thanks ladies. Well today I've felt sick and lots of cramps and EWCM. Still getting negative ovulation tests though, maybe I've not ovulated yet? But I've definitely got EWCM but I feel so ill today. Hopefully will feel well enough to BD later.

Bawbles Thu 04-Aug-16 20:46:00

My line was noticeably darker yesterday morning, did a 2nd test yesterday evening and it was positive but this evening negative. I can see the fade in/out on the tests if I line them up. I'm trying to avoid conception this month so using opk/temping as a guide to my cycle as just come off mirena after ten years, prior to that was on pill got ten years so no idea of my cycle.

physicskate Thu 04-Aug-16 21:31:02

When was 'the missing day'? Ovulation can happen well after a positive test, or ovulation can be unsuccessful even after a positive test. You can tell if you have ovulated by combining with temping.

Beautifulstorm Thu 04-Aug-16 22:34:50

It was Tuesday, Physics. Then today I had EWCM but ovulation test today says negative hmm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now