Talk

Advanced search

Is there a place for people ttc (or thinking about ttc) # 3?

(26 Posts)
JonahAndTheSale Wed 03-Aug-16 17:01:36

I'm in the thinking about ttc camp!

Going to give myself a few months to take conception vitamins and reduce alcohol and sugar intake!

Just turned 37, so need to get cracking soon, I suppose.

Anyone similar?

HettyB Wed 03-Aug-16 17:30:44

We're thinking about TTC number 2...

Getting married next month and I need to lose another half stone, so think we'll start trying at the end of the year/early next year.

How old are your other DC?

JonahAndTheSale Wed 03-Aug-16 17:51:50

Hi hetty! Some company would be nice!

My other children are 3.5 and 1.5.

What about your other child?

Exciting times ahead with your wedding! smile

TheMildManneredMilitant Wed 03-Aug-16 18:55:05

Hi! I'm in second month of ttc#3. We've been debating it for ages but other dc are 5 and 7 and don't want to leave it much longer so decided just to go for it. If it doesn't happen then that's ok too, at least we tried and we would know we were only meant to have two. The idea of willingly returning to toddlerhood does make me question my sanity from time to time though grin

dogdinner Wed 03-Aug-16 18:59:51

We've started talking about it... I'm really not sure it's a good idea but dh is keen.
My two are 4 (on Saturday) and 1.5. I love the idea of it but pregnancy was tricky with really bad sickness and spd so don't know if I want to do it again.
Also our house is just perfect for the 4 of us but with another baby it might not be. Gah I don't know.
If we are going to do it I want to do it sooner rather than later so we don't have a huge age gap. confused

StillCounting123 Wed 03-Aug-16 20:12:07

Me!

Other kids are 6 years and 4 years old.

TTC Number 3, but I think my period is about to start sad

I had a miscarriage in June, so feeling particularly meh. Pass the wine please!

Good to know other people are considering a third. I have a boy and girl and people have been quite rude, "oh you have a 'gentleman's family, why do you want another?!"

But we do want a third, so here we are.

JonahAndTheSale Wed 03-Aug-16 20:13:31

Nice to see some others on the thread!

I think by the time you get to number 3 you are seen as some sort of expert and it's all very simple but not so!

dog I too hate the idea of pregnancy again! I was so very sick but I just can't shake the thought of number 3.

I know if I was lucky enough to have number three that would be it!

Can I ask what age everyone is? I'm a bit worried about being 37.

militant good luck, I hope it happens v v soon for you!!

JonahAndTheSale Wed 03-Aug-16 20:15:12

still I have a boy and a girl too! People wonder why on earth unwound want another child but it's so hard to explain. Like you, I also had a miscarriage after 2 very easy pregnancies so that makes it harder.

dogdinner Wed 03-Aug-16 20:57:38

I have a girl and a boy too and get all the "why would you want another you have one of each??" Comments. hmm

StillCounting123 Wed 03-Aug-16 21:36:50

I'm 32 smile

ginandcake Wed 03-Aug-16 22:55:38

Currently TTC #3, already have DD1 who is almost 4 and DD2 who is 2 in 2 weeks. We have the response 'are you trying for a boy?' 'No, we are trying for a baby!'.

I'm 32, DH is a bit older at 40 and he doesn't want to be much older by the time number 3 comes. We also didn't want too much of a gap, but do still keep having doubts, we have passed the sleepless nights and not loving the idea of going back to that, and our two are so close, sorry that number three would get left out. However I remember having so many doubts when we were trying for DD2 and it was the right decision then.

lousylear Wed 03-Aug-16 23:31:21

We're ttc #4! My kids are 12,10,8. My new partner has no kids. I would love us to have one together. I'm 41 though, however never struggled with the others. Conceived quickly, easy pg and labours. Only on cycle 1 so fx it will happen soon! Good luck everyone.

barney11 Wed 03-Aug-16 23:37:21

Thinking about it. I'm 40 so would need to crack on! Have a 5 and 3 year old. Need to lose weight first though...

McKTastic Thu 04-Aug-16 00:39:38

Am older than everyone else who has posted so far (42) . I have a 5 & 3 year old - still breastfeed my youngest. Periods have never really returned since having him - hormone tests suggested I was peri menopausal but can't conclude for definite bce I'm breastfeeding. Would love another but odds seem stacked against us.

JonahAndTheSale Thu 04-Aug-16 07:43:58

Hello to everyone!

It does seem that people are having children much later. I know quite a few people who've had children in their early and mid forties without trouble. I know it's not always the case but it does give us hope.

Husband and I are going to take a relaxed approach to ttc. We've agreed that we will try for a few months and see what happens but if not, so be it, we're lucky with the two we have.

Despite being scared of pregnancy again and pacing the floor with a newborn I'll be crossing everything that we are successful!

HettyB Fri 05-Aug-16 09:15:19

If im still allowed here with only 1 DC...

I'm 30, DH is 37 and our DD is 10 months. We're not TTC just yet but will probably start within in the next 6 months.

We're struggling with working out what the best time to start TTC is in terms of age gaps between children - I know there's no 'right' age gap but it'd be nice to feel we weren't making a mistake with whatever gap we go for! Also have friends who've had difficulties conceiving #2 after conceiving #1 easily so conscious it could take a while!

JonahAndTheSale Fri 05-Aug-16 09:22:45

Well I have 22 months between my two children and whilst it was busy as they both were still babies and in nappies, it wasn't anything that I couldn't cope with.

As you say Hetty there's no ideal age gap. Finding it hard to conceive #2 would be very difficult if #1 was straightforward. I suppose it's the same no matter how many children you have (or want).

It's nice to have somewhere to talk about trying and thinking about conceiving as it's not something I would talk about in real life with anyone!

Keep posting everyone!

Theknittinggorilla Fri 05-Aug-16 21:19:53

Hello! I was planning to start a similar thread, we have just started ttc no 3. My dh wasn't keen but has come round to the idea now smile

I'm 36 and have ds1 3.9 and ds2 18 months. Also dreading the trying for a girl comments - nope, would love a boy or a girl, just would love 3 children.

We are on cycle 2 of trying, am currently in the 2ww....

Theknittinggorilla Fri 05-Aug-16 21:22:10

Oh and while I feel fairly confident we will cope with 3dc, I am anxious about being pregnant with 2dc. My last pregnancy was physically tough and having two babies to look after was much much easier than being pregnant with a toddler was. If we are lucky enough to get pregnant I am going to finish work as early as possible (and keeping the Dc in their nursery!)

dogdinner Sat 06-Aug-16 22:45:48

I think I'm coming round to the idea of dc3 (dh is very keen as is my eldest) my worry is the pregnancy, I really struggled last time and feel like I missed out on a big chunk of my dd 2nd year as I was so miserably pregnant.
I have however accidentally run out of my pill so might say to dh that if we are going to start trying in December I might stay off the pill and we will just use condoms for a while. Not sure though as condom sex is a bit meh in my opinion so we'd probably get drunk one night do it without and then end up pregnant which is what happend with my first pregnancy, we were supposed to have a few months to let me get the pill out my system and then bosh. Wasn't as easy second time round but hoping number 3 won't be too hard.
I'd have likd smaller age gaps than I have but I didn't feel ready at the time there's 2.5 years between my two they are great together. theres no perfect age gap as all kids are different and you can't really time it as you never know when I will actually happen. So I think just go for it when you feel ready hetty and don't over think it. (Impossible I know)

Not sure why I'm rambling.

Theknittinggorilla Thu 11-Aug-16 18:11:18

Think my stay on this thread may be short lived - just found out I'm pregnant with dc3.....!

barney11 Thu 11-Aug-16 22:35:14

Wow!! Congratulations xx

JonahAndTheSale Sat 13-Aug-16 12:54:11

gorilla that's brilliant! Well done!

Hopefully this will be a lucky thread!

I'm still enjoying imaging the idea of a third dc whilst not actively trying yet!

Filling up with conception vitamins and trying to cut down on alcohol and sugar until we start ttc October/November.

Has anyone ttc their third agreed a time limit within which it should happen.

Dh and I said we would try for 6 months and if not successful we will just enjoy the family we have. Hoping I feel the same and as relaxed about ttc, at the end of the six months. confused

Theknittinggorilla Sat 13-Aug-16 16:50:21

Dh and I hadn't discussed it but if we hadn't been pregnant within 6 months I think we would have revisited things. Part of the reason I was so keen to get on with things if we were having a third is that I feel completely in limbo on career, what we do with our house if I'm going to get pregnant again. I want to leave my job but no point doing that before a possible maternity leave. So definitely would have been a window of between 6 months and a year, at which point I think we would either have decided to stop at 2 or gone on to make decision based on only having 2.

There will be 26/27 months between each of mine (all being well).

Mamabear12 Sun 14-Aug-16 08:21:06

We have been thinking about when to TTC number 3 for a while. My husband wanted to wait two years and I wanted to do it sooner then later. I am 33 and DD is 4 and DS is 2, turning 3 in a couple months. Terrible twos has been terrible, which is why we decided to delay a bit and make a bigger gap. Both children were conceived first try and pregnancies and labour okay as well. I am hoping the third will be the same! But understand it could take time to get pregnant. Jonah, you should be fine at 37! Eep with two kids already. My sister had her first kid at 37 and wants one more...so I would say you are in a good position, with two kids before 37 and now trying for your third smile Good luck and I will keep checking this thread to see how you are getting on! And will let you know when we actually start trying and not just talking about when to start trying lol. It seems like everyone is getting pregnant with their third these days, at least amongst the people I know!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now