Talk

Advanced search

TTC - a few concerns and general advise needed

(6 Posts)
Difficultyear2015 Mon 01-Aug-16 10:04:00

I came off the pill a month ago, and had my withdrawal bleed. I was on the pill for 9 months.

I am starting to track my cycle to get to know it and not expecting to be regular straight away.

However, for the last 2 weeks I have been having certain symptoms that are increasing. For example:

1st i noticed that I was frequently needing to urinate without any other issues like cystitis.
A week later I am nauseous, tender and uncomfortable abdomen, very light pink spotting, backaches, and leg aches, sore throat, bad taste in mouth, reduced appetite, I then yesterday ended up with Thrush for the first time in a long time and took a tablet from the chemist for that.

At the moment, I am putting these down to feeling run down. Things have been busy the past few weeks and I am working longer hours than normal. (50hr week, so not too crazy). I am concerned that if there is a possibility of pregnancy this early on, of a few things.

a - i had a company party on Friday night and drank far more than i planned and was a bit hungover

b - i took flucanozole for thrush and realise that is bad to do in early pregnancy.

Do you think I am being silly worrying about these things?

AF isn't quite due yet, so can't POAS just yet and dont think I could be pregnant that quickly either. Could my symptoms be down to something else? All together they are worrying me...

MmmMalbec Mon 01-Aug-16 10:54:58

I had loads of pregnancy symptoms when I came off the pill. It was just my hormones regulating. You might be pregnant, you might not be. There really is no way to know unfortunately. If AF doesn't come when you expect her to then test. But bare in mind it's perfectly normal to have some long and crazy cycles when coming off the pill!

Good luck smile

MmmMalbec Mon 01-Aug-16 10:55:47

Oh and yeah don't worry about anything you might have done before you can even test. It's so so unlikely it would have any baring on a pregnancy at that stage!

Difficultyear2015 Mon 01-Aug-16 11:09:46

Thank you. That helps put my mind at rest.

I been so worried yesterday I ended up crying.

I never realised coming off the pill could give such crazy symptoms, not had that before when I came off last time.

Im putting my dates in Ovia now but it's my first cycle so know to take a while to catch on to my rhythm.

At the moment it thinks I'm cd17, so I can't really be having pregnancy symptoms that early if it was.

Poor DP doesn't know what to do with me. Hope he still wants to make a baby with me!!

delilahbucket Mon 01-Aug-16 12:21:42

It took me ten months before my cycles regulated after coming off the pill. The only thing that causes it to fluctuate now is stress that makes me ovulate late. I get all those symptoms you're describing every month so try not to start analysing everything. Easy said than done I know, we're just entering cycle 16 of ttc and it is so easy to end up symptom spotting every month.
You could be pregnant, you may not be. If you're only on cd17 you've probably only just ovulated. I found temping a good way to gauge when I had ovulated so I knew when af was coming. After dropping my thermometer down the loo a few days ago however, I have decided not to replace it. I know I ovulate and I know the physical signs so it is just one less thing to do.

Difficultyear2015 Mon 01-Aug-16 12:49:22

It took mine a long time to level or again and become regular last time I came off.
Ive been so achy in my pelvis and come over all hot of a sudden.

Hope these settle down soon as I'm finding it hard to concentrate at work when I feel like this

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now